Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

" Hi there" one and all

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fazbender,

Happy New Year and happy to have you join this forum!  You've made a great decision to maintain your health and, it sounds like the health of your relationship.  

What do you find you struggle with most?  What triggers your binge drinking?  

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Fazbender - I find this site and its tools to be a great help.   I hope you will too.   Deciding to change something that's no longer working for you, drinking, is a really big step in the right direction.

splitimage
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Fazbender.  I'm a binge drinker too, so I know exactly what you mean.  I'm at almost two weeks, and I feel great, but I know from past experience that if I drink at all it will quickly escalate out of control again.  It's great to have support.  Hang tight and keep posting.
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I have known for quite some time, that my drinking is abnormal. My problem is binge drinking. I can go weeks without. Sometimes its months. So for that reason I won't actually know how well I'm doing. 

One suspects that this time of year brings in many people who wish to stop. Me, now being one of them. 
I do not need to have God by my side. I find religion hard to swallow. Unlike beer. But for those who do have his help more power to you.

If I were to be completely honest. Drinking which brings its own type of after pain, is followed very closely by a loved ones disapproval. Thats the sort of pain I no longer wish to have.

So after a new years drink with friends which was all laughs to start with. To now a friendship that may well be no more.

Well there we have it I'm pleased to have found this site. I hold out great hope. 

Reading this thread: