Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

i?m new here and could use a shoulder to lean on....

13 years ago 0 325 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you dancerchic, you have taken the hardest, the first, step. Now it will get easier as you feel your self esteem go up and up each day you are able to not drink. Even if you slip, just try and get back to the place that made you feel good about yourself, not beat yourself up for slipping. I am only at day 4 and it is not really easier it is just that I feel so good in the morning about me and health wise that I do not want to screw that up. Drinking alone is a lonely sad place to be. I have been there for a long time and have finally seen the light and want to change it. You can too. Keep coming here, use your diary and think good thoughts. Look forward to hearing from you some more.
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new here too.  I am a secret drinker and it's just gotten too much for me to handle.  This is my first day of reaching out and trying to stop my excessive drinking.  I feel much compassion for you because I know how you feel.
13 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi..I think that I have a lot in common with you.
13 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome dancerchick... you have come to a good and helpful place.  No judging... lots of learning.  I look forward to your input on the forums.  Tiana is right... you HAVE made the first couple of steps already.  Good job   Keep coming back and keep posting!
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dancerchick!

Welcome! And I applaud you for taking this first step in on path that seems important to you. Good work! Don't forget that part!

I suggest you start the program, if you haven't already. It has very informative and helpful information, and the exercises are very useful even though your first instinct might to be to ignore them! You also will find great support from the folks here on the forum.

So, what is the main reason you are wanting to change your drinking habits?  What is your goal for the weekend?

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is all very new to me but I have to admit that I need some help.  My drinking has gotten out of control and I need to find some focus in my like that doesn't revolve around a bottle of wine.  I welcome any help that I can get from this forum and I am looking forward to discussions that may motivate me to take another direction in my behaviour. 

Reading this thread: