Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Desperately need to quit or cut down

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jadeplay!

How are you doing?

What Samantha ment by the program is in your toolbox.  There is information there that will help.

In regards to text messaging we are looking into the issue to see if there is a problem.  Let us know through the feedback section if you experience anymore problems.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No problem Jadeplay! I am here for you! I'm glad you feel good....keep it going!

Ray

14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Samantha, what do you mean by working through the program?  I have filled in all the quizes, set up my phone and email (although I'm not getting any messages).  I also stop in here to fill in my diary.  No alcohol in 3 days so far.  What else do I need to read/work through here?

Thank you for that suggestion.  Yes, that sounds like a good start.  I have been here since Monday morning and have had no alcohol since last Saturday.  It's now Wednesday.  Yeah!  I feel good.
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jadeplay,

Welcome to our site and I have to say that this site has really helped me. I have been sober for over 6 months now and I attribute a lot of my success to this site. I stumbled upon this site after a terrible weekend of drinking, where I had destroyed many friendships and my relationship. I lost the trust of everyone I cared about; but, I came here and it was what I needed to make a lasting change for the better. I have proved to my friends and boyfriend (we salvaged our relationship :) ) that I am bound and determined to do what it takes to stay sober. I had done many terrrible things while drinkings, said many terrible things and embarassed myself in front of important people. Anyway, I can relate to what you are going through and I want you to know that we are here for you. Post lots, use the program and do this for you!

RAY

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jadeplay,

Welcome to the Alcohol Help center and on taking the first steps to getting the help you need.

Start working through the program, a big component of it is learning about yourself so you can better understand your addiction. Some people find that taking a break from drinking for a while really helps them get control of their alcohol use.

Start reading through the forums. You'll find there are many people out there you can relate to. The forum also offers plenty of advice and the wisdom of many diverse experiences in relation to alcohol addiction.

Check back soon and let us know how you are doing. We're always here to answer any questions you may have or to provide you with feedback. 

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I need help and am too embarrassed to go to AA.

Would you atleast consider reading the book called AA online? The IV edition is available online free if you google it you will find them. There is doctors opinion, There is a Solutions chapter....More about alcoholism..... that will atleast help you identify with alcoholism. 
Hi, I am joining here because I need help and am too embarrassed to go to AA. I am quite well known in a small community so AA would not be good for me.  I am drinking too much and sometimes like Saturday night, it ends up a disaster.  I know I can do this, I just need a little support and encouragement.  Anyone open to being a mentor?

Reading this thread: