Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

sick and tired of being sick and tired

12 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
right now I have decided to go to a AA support group for all women, I went today, but found out it's on tuesdays...  so next week...  I don't know how to cut back, I need to abstain for a few more days, weeks, as long as possible.  I made a doctor apt for tomorrow to discuss the intestinal issues.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi snaphu,

Welcome to the AHC!  It's a great place to start in order to find the support and resources you need to help you achieve your health goals.  You have 3 excellent reasons to want to cut back or completely remove alcohol from your life!  You will be an inspiration to your kids and grandchildren - you already are by seeking help and finding us online.  
Post with us often to let us know how you're doing and go through the website to learn more about how to prepare yourself for those urges to drink and how to avoid temptations.
How do you plan on cutting back?  

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been drinking quite heavy for almost 40 years...  mostly beer and occasionally wine.  I think I'm creating some intestinal problems by the excessive amounts for such a long time.  In the last year and a half I've had 3 episodes of severe stomach flu... each time the symptoms don't entirely go away.  

anyways, I'm a grandmother of a 7yr  old girl, 3 yr. old boy and another one will be born in May 2012...  I want to enjoy them and be more apart of their lives...  

I went to detox Aug. 2010 for 10 days, and it helped, but I need to go to a 60-90 day treatment place... BUT, I can't because I'm unable to leave because I own a dog and chickens...  

I'm hoping that I can find support in this Alcohol Help Center online, so I can quit without going to residential treatment.  

Sue

Reading this thread: