Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Quitting Tomorrow....

5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi In Dreamz,

How are you feeling today?

How did Day 1 go?

If you really want to quit, you can do this, just like so many others who found this website.

There is plenty of support here in terms of the printed word and I recommend that you read, read, read and read to help you through the tough times which come early, but do not last; believe me!

I wish you good luck
Penitent d5185

• Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 9

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck!

I look forward to reading about your journey.

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Tim for the encouraging words, I will continue to read up and learn what has worked for others as well as not worked.  It is going to be a learning process.  I have tried to quit many times before but never fully committed to the task and just gave up in the past.  Once when I was only five years into smoking I did quit for three months but went right back to it because I was around other smokers and it started with just one puff.  I think my mindset is different now from all the other times I have tried.  I tried the patch before and just took it off to smoke, I tried Chantix but that made me feel funny and I stopped taking it, I tried cold turkey but usually ended up smoking more when the cravings got the best of me.  I think somehow my mindset is different and I feel more determined this time around and want to improve my health and I am doing it for me and not feeling any pressure from anyone to quit this time so hopefully, things go well.  Thank you again for the encouragement and I will keep you posted on my progress.  It begins in ten minutes, I have set midnight the start of the new day as my quit time.
  • Quit Meter

$15,855.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 291 Hours: 1

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi InDreamz,
 Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center. 32 years a smoker huh, I smoked for 37 before I quit, and it was with the help of the patch too. I can't wish you good luck on your quit journey, since luck  really has nothing to do with it. It's all determination on your part, and you can do this trust me. Have you tried to quit before or is this going to be your first attempt? I see that you've went through all of the "my program" which is good. It gives you some tips and hints and some info on what to expect on your journey. The best advise I can give you is to read, read, read through these forums. The more you know the easier it will be for you, and you can read about some of the triggers and pitfalls that were the downfall for many quits. You can get some strength from other peoples failures. Sounds kind of ghoulish but you can learn from other peoples mistakes. 
 Keep us posted on your effort, stay strong and I wish you the best on your quit journey!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,310.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 16

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you so much for your support, this is going to be quite the journey for me but I feel ready to do it!
  • Quit Meter

$15,855.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and good wishes!  I seem to be on this board multiple times a [work] day while I quit, so I'm here to cheer you on :)
Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and this website and have decided to finally quit smoking for good.  I will be using NRT the Patch and it begins tomorrow for me so wish me luck!  June 28, 2018 here I come after 32 years of smoking I hope to finally be free from this addiction with all your help and support here.  Thank you.
  • Quit Meter

$15,855.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: