Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Quitting This Week.

7 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on getting started! It sounds like you are prepared.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my quit day, its been a rough morning.

Its so stinkin hard. I am working on it.
I wasnt all the way successful. I woke up and without a second thought walked outside and had a cigarette. 
When I came back into my house my husband said, isnt today your quit day?!

Today is still my quit day. It just started later then originally planned.
I have decided to put a nicotine patch on.

I am a big Essential Oil user/advocate so i am using calming oils to help center myself.

• Quit Meter

$20,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 203 Hours: 5

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congrats on deciding to quit. The fact that you are trying again is a huge success and your past successful quit is really going to serve you now. What did you learn works?

It is very common for people to relapse due to stress. The fact that you know stress is a trigger for you is a good thing - start to practice and learn new ways of coping with stress. Smoking does not calm you down - it actually speeds up your central nervous system. It may feel like it's calming you down but there are much better coping strategies. Some suggestions: deep abdominal breathing, any kind of exercise, spending time outdoors, mindfulness, taking care of something or someone you love, taking a bath, etc. Learn what helps you cope with stress and you will be much better equiped to avoid a relapse. 

How are you doing today? Did you decide to take the plunge early?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have set my quit date for This coming Monday, although I am planning on starting tomorrow.

I am nervous, as I quite for over a year last time and then my son was diagnosed with a life altering issue and I immediately went back to my trusty smoking habit.
Its embarassing and sad, I want to be 3 years quit not just starting over again.
I feel that this forum will help me to be successful and I am hoping to be an encouragement to others as well.
Knowing that my anxiety gets heightened fairly easily and that smoking is always my go to resolution, makes me feel that this will be hard.

But I know its time, and I know I owe it to myself to quit. To find better coping skills for my anxiety then ruining my body. Who else is planning on quitting before this month is over?

• Quit Meter

$20,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 203 Hours: 5

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: