Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

My quit date is today!

9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dreneth,

Congrats on getting started! It sounds like you have a lot to motivate you. Have you begun to create your quit plan yet? If not, I encourage you to get started on the program ASAP. The more you plan out this quit, the more likely you will be able to succeed. One quit plan addition I recommend for you is some physical activity everyday. This will help your mood and the quit process. I have heard many members report that walking has helped tremendously. What are your thoughts on this? 

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit and I hope your first day has gone well! I actually found that my first day was not near as bad as I expected. I am finishing off my ninth day smoke free and trust me, you can do it. Keep up your positive can do attitude and you can do it. I decided to keep myself real busy by cleaning and cooking for the family to help occupy my time and keep the cravings away and it worked well. It has been nice not having my clothes smelling like an ashtray. Good luck!
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dreneth,
 Welcome to the SSC. You're right, it is going to be tough, but it sounds like you really want this to work, and if you really do want it, it may turn out to be easier than you thought it would be. Attitude plays a MAJOR part in your quit journey. Keep that "can do" attitude with you at all times. There are many many triggers that will make you want to give up trying, but stick with it and soon you'll start feeling elated about your accomplishments. 
 I wish you well in your journey! 
  • Quit Meter

$23,298.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 6

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Going to be tough but I really really want to do this and succeed! Not only for myself but for my cats. One of my babies has major breathing issues and I can't help but think that some of that has been caused by my second hand smoke. It's a horrible feeling to think that you could be causing a medical issue for someone else (even if it is a pet, he's my baby!) 
It will also help to make my apartment smell better and look cleaner and I think make me want to get up and go more. And possibly get myself out of my on and off 'depression'! 

Reading this thread: