Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Through my first week!

10 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristine,

You have some great insight and we thank you for sharing it with us.  

We are very proud of your accomplishments and we look forward to celebrating each and every day with you.

Post often and get all the support and knowledge you need!

Josie, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Kristine,

Well done for getting through the Hell week!  It sounds as though you have a good grip on what quitting is about, and you are doing it.  Do stay close to us here on site and continue to read, learn and win.  Make sure you give yourself lots of small rewards for each triumph over the Nico-demon!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kristine :)  Excellent post.  You're doing so well to get through the first part of your quit with such determination, a good attitude and some real awareness of what your body is going through at different times of the day.  Good for you!! Congratulations are in order : ) Enjoy your reward for this great achievement  : ) 
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congrats Kristen!  Hell week is Hell...it is fresh in my mind LOL
You can do this, be sure to celebrate your success!!!

Carol

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on that first big lap. So glad that you are already noticing a difference between yourself on Day one and yourself now. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,773.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 608 Hours: 18

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
truly happy for you kristine!  great accomplishment!  you are amazing!!     
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristine! 

Congrats to you for making it through Hell Week . The first week is the hardest now it's mostly a matter of getting used to a new routine and your doing great with that..

Keep doing what your doing and taking it one day at a time....

Red..

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kristine!

Congrats for making it through Hell Week!!!  Keep on doing what you are doing... it's working!  Keep on taking it one day at a time and remember to reward yourself for reaching your milestones... like making it through Hell Week!!!  Woooo Hoooo for you!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,602.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 12

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A week ago today I woke up in the morning and thought "I really don't want to do this. Do I have to?" And then I reminded myself that I had to do it sometime. And what followed was an absolutely excruciating day of wanting to throttle everyone I encountered, but somehow, I made it to bedtime.

Even though I still don't feel back to normal -- whatever that is -- the way I felt this morning compared to that morning a week ago is so much better! The first few days I couldn't stop the thought of my first cigarette from popping into my mind, but this morning all I was thinking about was my new routine, which is making really good fresh-ground French press coffee. (Put Saigon cinnamon in your grounds! You won't regret it!) And about how badly my legs are hurting from running a mile up the hill I live on Monday and then doing power yoga for an hour and a half last night.

The hardest times for me now are the afternoons. They're like this doldrums in the day where things I don't want to think about can pop up willy nilly. I wake up and power through whatever work I have to do (it takes a lot less time now that I'm not smoking in between tasks to reward myself), and by 4 or 5 I'll start thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner, but from 2 to 4 there's just this low time where I've finished the bulk of my work but don't have anything else to do.

But it's happened enough times in a row now that I know it will pass. By the time I am ready to start prepping dinner, I've usually forgotten all about it. Today I plan to spend the low time at the laundromat, so hopefully having a task to do will help.

Thanks to everyone for the things you have written here, both to me and in older discussions. I've read a lot of them and they have been really helpful to me. I'm so proud of myself for getting to my eighth day smoke-free!

Reading this thread: