Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Myth or Fact?

11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Iron ! 7 weeks ! Terrific ! I assure you "this too shall pass" What you're feeling is common many of us have had the same feelings. you will become more comfortable in your own skin as the days go by and you will feel better than you ever imagined you would by "just" stopping smoking.
You have the real tough part beat already. "Excellent for you" 

Smobriety comes to: 1Y  9M  1W  3D  23H 20Mns  $-Saved to date: $8716.12
11 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I hear you both! I experienced all of those symptoms and then some.  My memory was like a seive and my moods (all negative ones) were like a roller coaster. I ate anything that didn't move and I kept waking every half hour craving a cigarette and when I wasn't waking up I was having smoking dreams.  It does get better Ironman. Give yourself a nice reward and pat on the back for your strength in making it this far.  7 weeks is an amazing achievement!
11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Ironman!  Wow! 7 Weeks quit; You Rock!  And even though it doesn't seem like it right now - you're doing great. Sorry to share with you that - Yeah - your 7 week symptoms sound all too familiar (to me anyway).  I went through that whole ADD things with nervousness, crankiness and, dare I say, 'inner ugliness'.   I even packed on the pounds so I felt like I looked ugly on the outside too! For me, it took about 10 weeks to start feeling like myself again and to shake that lack of focus and begin concentrating on my tasks again. I did find out that lack of sleep wreaked havoc with my system, so perhaps you are experiencing that too? If so, there are lots of 'sleep' tricks you can try.  I found that getting more physical exercise during the day helped my brain too.  My friend tried self hypnosis (there are lots of self help sites online you can access) and she said that worked best of all. I just waited out the 10 weeks . . . 
You have come so far now that it would be a huge shame to lose your quit now - just trust that you will get through this phase - that's all it is!  Congrats on your great progress to date! We're rooting for You!
11 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I stopped more than 7 weeks ago. The original withdrawl symptoms are gone now but certain symptoms that I did not think I would have are now present: I am afraid I have an attention deficit disorder. I can not focus. I forget. I can not concentrate. I can not read or follow a conversation for more than a while. I am nervous at the same time, overwhelmed with tasks I have to complete, but I find it extremely difficult to concentrate and work on one at a time. Any advise? Is it something that will pass? Please help!
11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: Smoking improves your mood.

Fact: Some people believe smoking lifts the spirits, but it can sink your mood. If you're already down or depressed, cigarettes can put you at higher risk for clinical depression, hyperactivity, and attention deficit disorder, according to a recent report in the journal Pediatrics.

Reading this thread: