Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

Boredom..

16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This thread is like really boring, you know? Oooh! I have an idea.... NOT! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that getting used to it is key. I think that you should take time to do "nothing" each day.. start with a few minutes. When you first quit - I think that it's best to fill your time organizing your things, and cleaning up your surroundings. Wash everything - get rid of the smell - and your life should be tidy and organized so that there is less chance of things all going wrong and you wanting to smoke. Get grounded - it's vital to a successful quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 587 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,006.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
For me boredom is a real trigger. That is when i will usually get a craving if i am going to get one. I just try and stay busy, even if it is just watching tv as i never smoked when i watched tv. Mainly it is about keeping my mind busy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 846 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never looked at boredom as a trigger. I do know I lost several quits because I got bored with the whole process of quitting. I would get a week to 13 days and then blow it. Never understood why, but I would. I do know now and have said so many times that I when I had a relapse it was due to being bored. Interesting. Keep The Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $897.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is a great post, because boredom has always been one of my biggest obstacles. Normal activities are boring now when they didn't use to be. However, I'm finding now that the "boring" feeling is beginning to subside just a tiny bit...and that's a good sign I keep myself busy on winter evenings by crocheting an afghan, and watching crime/detective shows. One day at a time, Cheers, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, For quitters, boredom often is a trigger. This trigger may have a physical or chemical basis or both. As a quitter, you may miss the increased excitement and good feeling that nicotine gave you. Many events may make you feel bored, like taking a break from work, winding down after a big meal, having a leisurely Sunday morning. If boredom is a trigger for you, it�s important to find ways to fill your time. Members, do you have any suggestions/tips on how to fill up time? Josie

Reading this thread: