Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I slipped. I did.

16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just got home, Unhooked and read your post. Don't reset your meter...it was just a minor little slip which could have turned into a monster but it didn't. I'm glad your back on track. I have a brother who has little to do with me...he's my only sibling and family. It makes it pretty hard but it's something I have to accept. He's too busy being busy to spend time with me or even phone me once in a while. He lives 1,000 miles away from me which doesn't help. I spent Christmas with friends this year and I didn't suffer as a consequence. I didn't get depressed although I thought I would. I'm only 17 days in my quit and don't have the experience you have, but you sharing your experience tonight helps me considerably. I realize that anybody can have a slip. It happens to the best of us. As long as we pick ourselves up and carry on that's the main thing. Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $262.99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$56,705.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 18

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I meant, Oh Really! I know, I know and I know. Smile for us! We missed your presence. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 703 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,866.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 128 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Heather, I am glad you got to relax tonight. Remember it is okay to say no to going somewhere, especially if it is to protect your quit. People should understand. xoxoxoxo Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,370 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $414.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you can grasp one more hand. Unhooked, you're freakin' gorgeous, and we all love you to bits, so as they used to say on Ally McBeal...'Bygones'. Wash your hands, brush your teeth, skip around the block, whatever it takes to rid your system of the bad mojo. Sometimes life kicks our teeth in before we even know we're in the ring. For this, I recommend you keep your gloves on at all times (besides, the bigger your hands, the easier for all of us to grab on). You're loved here...don't beat yourself up. That's an order. On to 2008. x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,974.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh really Unhooked, Level this trigger now. For future reference, grab a candy bar, coke or some water, not the smoke. It is a mis-step and it happens. Happy New Year [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 703 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,866.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 128 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked: Sorry to have missed this. I have alwaysr liked your style, and I know that you will not allow this indescretion to keep you from working toward your smoke free future. You have worked to hard toward that goal to allow a momentary lapse to somehow send you back to the addiction. In fact I have a feeling that by revisiting it, you have confirmed to yourself that the reality of "having a smoke" is a bit of a disappointment...Hang in there my friend, you are doing well and there are a whole lot of people who are also winning this fight because you have been here... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,843.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$66,717.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 13

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked.... Any one of us could be you right now. We have the smoking thoughts and choose not to act on them. We ALL have weak moments. I have certainly entertained the thought a gazillion times!!! The fact is that you are not smoking. I would be scared to death to smoke just one and would love to smoke just one in the same breath. We are all addicts and we are all only one puff away from a pack a day. You know it didn't help. You know it just made things worse. No one really cares about your meter. This fight isn't about the meter, it is about taking your life back from the enslavement of smoking. Smoking kills and we don't want to go out like that. It sounds like you have already picked yourself up and brushed yourself off. All you can do is move forward. One foot in front of the other, one step at a time, one day at a time. That is how we all get there. YOU are a great quitter. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 908 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,178.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 82 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle, I have no intention of letting this become a relapse. That would make me stupid as well as crazy & I'm not stupid. ;p There are no cigarettes in the house now and there aren't going to be any. I jsut found out my brother is sick, so I don't have to go to his place after all. Yay! Not yay that he's sick, you know what I mean. So my sister is coming over here, we're going to exchange gifts for our kids & have a visit. I know now & I knew before I lit that that vile thing that smoking does not do any good, ever. It didn't last night & it never will, so why would I keep doing it? I am holding onto all the hands that reached out for me & am back on the quit. I'm not going anywhere. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
one cig? that is a slip, not a do over!! you have given too much time at being a nonsmoker and helping and giving so much advice, support and hand holding to all of us to say, that's it, I am a smoker again! are you? I don't think you are!!You had a slip, my friend,you have not given up, you are a quitter and a winner! I have found so much strength from you and your posts. I, love, love your post on taking your child to a concert and for the first time, really living it.That story has been such an inspiration to me, you, my dear nonsmoker, partner, have helped me to get to know just how sweet life can be with out smoking!! reset your calendar? hey, set it to mine if you must reset, that way, I can have the left overs from your celebrations!! you are a winner and a leader, I am happy to follow! Love< G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 158 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $758.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, You've received lots of great support from you fellow members. Remember that the sooner you're back on the path, the better. Don't let this slip turn into a relaspse. You can still turn this quit around. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: