Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

I slipped. I did.

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
we are all human Heather, I think sharing our issues here is what keeps us collectively strong. and it is during the holidays we all need that support. Next time when I suspect something is up I am going to nag nag nag :D I missed your face. Stay close. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 238 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $416.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're doing better. You are freakin' gorgeous we love you, too! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 274 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,370.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WELL CONGRATS UNHOOKED for sticking it out... and resetting that meter! You are such a HUGE help on here to everyone.. includng me.... I know there is loads of you but i think cos of your photo you have stuck out more to me when i have needed help.... So PLEASE stick with us LOL... Xmas Day sucked for me as well... i was craving bad all day and i dont really know why cos we didnt do anything ... it was just xmas and kids got presents...AND then my mother inlaw phoned to wish merry xmas and i told her i was having RUFF time... So now (bless her) i have her ringing on a daily basis.. LOL... dunno what is worse hehee... I know i know she trying to be suppoertrive LOL... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! I am so, so lucky to have such wonderful friends here. Thank yo all again for being here and lifting me up yet again, you're all fabulous and I love you! I re-set my meter again to take that one day away. The meter is really inspirational to me and it helpd to see my smoke-free days, money saved, etc. I did have 226 smoke free days and I did save whatever money I didn't spend on smokes & it's more helpful to still see that than to take it away. So that's what I did. The problem here was I let myself get overwhelmed and vulnerable. I just had too much going on, more than I was equipped to deal with. And, in true Unhooked fashion, instead of saying, "whoa back, slow down, I can't keep up," I said, "bring it, bring more of it, I can take whatever you got." I learned here how to admit that sometimes I need help, when to recognize those times, and how to ask for it. I forgot all those lessons somehow, or didn't apply them to this particular situation. I often think that people don't want to be bothered by anything sad or negative at Christmas. So I thought I would get through it and then post later that it had been difficult for me. Didn't quite make it. Anyway, I know now that I am still vulnerable, I can still be sucked in, and staying away from the people who can help me most is a really, really stupid thing to do. Still here, smoke-free again, & one cigarette wiser! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,497.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, HUGE BIG HUGS. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just move on and learn. We will ALWAYS be here for you. If it helps, you're way down that non smoking road now. Its not 100 slips a day. Sometimes these things are just here to remind us of what a great job we do the rest of the time. HUGS from Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �705.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Lamplighter on every point! - You know what to do! - You haven't lost anything! - You're still winning! - We love you! Take with you what will make you smarter the next time (and trust there will be other weak moments) and leave the rest behind. I think it was Lainey that suggested taking one day off your clock for this day of insanity. GREAT idea! Subtract out that day because it technically wasn't smoke free and leave that day behind you. There, now you've done all that is required. You "fessed up" and came clean with everyone, looked at the mistake for lessons to learn, grabbed tight everything of value and left the scene of the accident. Now that we're looking at it through the rear view mirror it will probably appear much smaller... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,205.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Unhooked... we love you. We're solidly in your corner. You know what to do. You've known for many months now...and you've been doing it. Nothing has changed. You know what to do. So do it. :) One thing. I don't think you've lost anything... except some forward motion and maybe a bit of confidence... and you'll have those back before you know it. You certainly haven't lost all those months of living smoke-free, and you haven't lost the benefits you've fought for. You get to keep those! Look this thing in the eye... and move on. You're still winning. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,738.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was wondering where you were on FB but anyhow here you are and look at all your fans you have here. We are all so glad for all your funny posting and encouragement. I know I slipped too but I did get back on it and think of it as a reminder to be more aware of how that nicodemam can sneak up on us for no apparent reason. So it's Boxer day there, go out and buy some boxers, hey they have the gift box of three on half price at Target in the Christmas clearance. Give your bro a present. Then get back here and forget the meter. Just remember to post before you go to the store for any cigs. your old friend, Grandma judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 146 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From June 18, 2007: [quote] You're doing exactly what you need to do. Cravings are temporary, our resolve is permanent. [/quote] -unhooked Can't you just plead temporary insanity? Every last one of us would understand that ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,897.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Lord you have too many friends here for me to read all of the replies, so at the risk of embarassing myself or repeating someone else let me apologize in advance. Almost did the same thing Christmas Eve. Found myself in such an undesireable state that it just didn't matter whether I smoked or not. In fact I was so angry and ready to cry that if it would have been easy for me to smoke I believe maybe I would have, but I was in a position where I would have had to ask a stranger for one. For me I believe there is such a thing as a spiteful slip. Emotions, situations, predicaments surmount so that beyond today becomes so little and putting the crappiness of today on a pedestal is just the ticket. That includes tossing the quit and feeding the demon. Spite, pure spite. And so we don't enjoy it. We are far beyond ever enjoying another cigarette. Just wanted to be rebellious ya know? After all that's how I got started smoking to begin with, to be a rebel. I certainly didn't enjoy them when I started. This is just my story Heather but if you can see any reasoning in it for yourself I hope it helps. Glad your back. Was worried about you! Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 344 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $963.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: