Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,665 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I'm worried I'm gonna lose the quit

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great stuff cj - just keep it going! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,955.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 191 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$57,013.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1129 Hours: 7

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Iam proud of you, glad you dident cave :) Hang in there, Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1838 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,433.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 259 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$14,622.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 18

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW CJ! Congratulations!!! You must be proud of making it through this trying time and not smoking. Now you know you can do it. You know, each situation you make it through makes you that much stronger for the next. Life will continue to throw situations your way and you will continue to get through them without smoking. Just one day at a time. It's reward time now!!!! You did so well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 780 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,730.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cj I'm sorry to hear the court proceedings were once again frustrating. Try to remember that accusations don't mean the truth, and most people, including judges, can see through people like her. It does sound like the woman is delusional and desperate. If there is a trial, I am sure the truth will prevail. But, to more important matters..... Hurray for you!!!!! You recognized the trigger before it happened, asked for help in finding coping strategies, used what you needed to, and successfully dealt with that trigger. Bravo!!!!!!!! NOPE -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,026.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made it! Court went pretty much as I thought it would. It was a Peace Bond Hearing against two boys who shot my daughter with a bbgun. This is the 5th time we've been there, and normally I'm accused of being a bad parent, and they request a continuance so that they can get a lawyer. This time, they refused to sign, and it was sent to trial in 1 year. Although instead of me being accused of being a bad parent, this time they accused my son of being a criminal. Apparently one of the mother's has seen him stealing on numerous occasions, yet has never notified me or the police, but felt she should tell the courts this at a peace bond hearing against her son. When I asked what store he was seen stealing at, she told me she would tell me at the trial. (one year from now, apparently she doesn't feel that my son needs to be punished for his actions in a timely manner, I'd love to know the details if he indeed did get caught shoplifting). She said that I threw out boxes of jewelry that my son stole, that bit of info was news to me, I've never thrown out jewelry... I think the woman is a little bit delusional. She also told me that she would prove at the trial that it wasn't her son that shot my daughter. She says she'll bring the police report that says the other boy shot her. When i got home, I phoned the police and they read the report and nowhere in it does it say who shot her. This woman makes up all kinds of stories and I'm not given the chance to defend myself or my son, because it is a civil hearing, and not a trial. It was pretty frustrating. BUT... I left there, and did not smoke! My daughter was with me. I was in court because these boys hurt her, and I am trying to protect her from them. When walking out of court, I realized, if i had a smoke, I would have been hurting her myself. Thank you to everyone who left comments yesterday, with your help I was able to think things through before i acted on the craving. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CJ, I've went through a similiar situation, finding my Grandmother the morning after someone beat and stabbed her in her head and left her to die. It happened in 1988 & didn't go to trial till 99 or 2000 (I tend to block bad things our of my memory), and then it was a hung jury and had to go to trial again and finally the guy who killed my Grandmother got life in prison without parol. So I know how stressful these trials can be! And I totally understand why u are in here getting suggestions on how to deal with your feelings and not smoking tomorrow. That shows that u are very happy being a non-smoker and u don't want to be a smoker again. Make a specific plan tonight & stick to it tomorrow :) You can & will make it through this & you will be ok and be happy that you're still smoke-free tomorrow night when you're going to sleep :) Keep telling yourself this & picture yourself in going to sleep as a non-smoker tomorrow night. Walk a differnt way, ask someone to pick u up that is supportive or call someone as u leave the building that can talk u home. You just have to have a plan :) Try to remember that,,,"this to shall pass" :) Hang in there... Just breathe......ahhhhhhhh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$26,868.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 587 Hours: 23

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, It's all about choice. You have made the decision not to smoke. Just walk on by that store after court regardless of what happens. Continue to choose not to smoke. One of the toughest things about quitting is learning to live life without the crutch. Emotions are really tough. The fact that you are thinking about the situation ahead of time and making plans on how you will deal with it is proof that you are capable of getting through all of this without smoking. As far as your living situation, there is a time and a reason for everything that happens. The purpose of life is to have a life of purpose. Continue to take one step at a time. As your quit continues you will grow and be amazed at the changes that will occur. You can do anything. Including staying smoke free. Sending prayers for strength your way for tomorrow. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 779 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,726.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there is never a good time to smoke. The only thing that will change is the demon will get the fix and you have to start over. Remember you are doing this for you. [color=blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $184.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, your story made me sad, we are here for you, stay strong and know the smoke wont make any thing any better except the addiction, hang tough, i will be thinking of you tomorrow Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1837 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,429.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 259 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$14,622.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 18

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cj, You can get thru this, and if you smoked it wouldn't change anything anyway would it? So just go prepared, and the way courts go it probably won't be what you hoped, but you know the saying, expect the best but prepare for the worst! AS Aloha suggested print out some helpful posts to read if you get upset, take along some gum or candy to keep the mouth busy etc. etc. Plan ahead, do a different routine than the last time (or when you smoked) and you should be fine! Take deep breaths and think of all of us waiting for you when you are done! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,761.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: