Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

i am trying to quit smoking.

9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Poorguy,
 It's funny how a trivial little box can make you feel so GOOD about yourself isn't it?  Keep giving yourself those at-a-boys! It is a big deal too. It's a great accomplishment quitting smoking.  So how long has it been for you now? You don't have your meter running so we can keep track of your progress. 
 Keep it up buddy and stay strong. 
  • Quit Meter

$23,310.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 14

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey all, this may seem a small thing to some people but i went to one of my doctors and was really happy that when i was filling in the paper work that it felt damn good to be able to check the no i don't smoke box. may not seem like a big deal but to us ex-smokers it is a giant step.

poorguy
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
poorguy, 
You are going to be so grateful to be a nonsmoker going into surgery. When you're not smoking, surgery is safer, you heal faster, and you don't have to figure out how to manage your nicotine levels in the middle of a hospital. And with a new hip to boot, you might have to change your name to something besides "poorguy." 
  • Quit Meter

$22,629.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 20

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR. yes the new year is here and it is going to be a great one. hopefully a new hip for me which is one of the diving factors that keep me smoke free, that and the fact i damn sure don't want lung disease or to die from it. so yeah the choice made here is the smart one. doing alot better and looking foward to a smoke free year so next year i can say i haven't smoked in a year. it took a little bit to get here and i did have some slippage in the start but managed to get a grip on that so life is good. thanks for the space.

poorguy 
9 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi poorguy, Congratulations on making it through the holiday with kids who smoke. Happy Smokefree New Year!. Hope all is going well.
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poorguy,
 And a happy (and smoke free) New Year to you too! It's kind of nice celebrating the holidays tobacco free isn't it? 
Keep it up buddy.  
  • Quit Meter

$23,310.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 750 Hours: 14

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

hey all, well 1 more holiday and then back to normal for most. for me however it is to the doctors. any way yeah it is a bummer that we have to fight to stay healthy around our kids but it is worth it and they will have to do the same thing one day if they are smart. we will make this journey a successful one. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
poorguy 
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey poorguy,

Congratulations on making it through the holidays with smoking kids. Both of those can be big triggers.

You are smart in choosing to stay away from additional triggers this week. i had to stay away from smokers and drinking activities for a long time just to be safe. The good side effect is that I developed some more healthy habits to substitute for the experiences I was missing, and I really don't have much time or desire for smoking or drinking these days. 

Glad to hear of your continued success. Here's to a great, smoke-free new year.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,629.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 20

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

hey all hope everyone had a great Christmas. well it was not easy as my kids came over for  Christmas and of course they both smoke. the thoughts of visting that old friend of mine were persistent and it was rough but i stayed clear. i think for new years i will stay home and then the temptation will not be around me. i have learned again that i can't place myself around smokers for awhile. i am sure that they will not understand as they seem to offer very little support if any. Happy Holidays to all.

the poorguy
hey Ashley, yes linux is a very good distraction and it is also free unlike the cigarettes. thanks for the support. Happy Holidays. 

poorguy 

Reading this thread: