Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I just joined...probably three days too late

11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenny! I'm right there with you-I'm on Day 5 and it has been pretty rough. Broke down yesterday and had one but then remembered how far I'd come and got back on the wagon. I am forcing myself to put exactly the cost of a pack of cigarettes each day in a jar (I was a pack-a-day smoker) because you know-addiction is never about money. No matter what you have to do, you'll feed that demon. I'm going to put the money away every week and buy myself something special with the money. Would knowing you can give yourself a reward with the money you'd spend on cigarettes help?

Another thing I read somewhere that really helped me is that these cravings are hard, but as smokers we have cravings constantly, right? Is it time for smoke break yet? Where can I go to sneak a cigarette without anyone seeing me? How about counting pennies out of a jar to pay for your ciggies-I've done that! Oh and the sheer panic when you realize you've run out or lost your lighter and there's no solution available? Hang in there-we can do this!
11 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jenny.  I think every single person here has been exactly where you are right now.  Quiting isn't easy but you CAN do it.  It takes everything you have.  Throw out those cigarettes and refuse to light the next one no matter what.  Take it one day at a time and one hour at a time when one day seems like too much.  Keep yourself plenty busy and whatever you do, don't smoke.  That is how you quit.  Not an easy thing to do but doable indeed.

Go for it.  You will be so glad you did!
11 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenny best step you made to quit again , This is an outstanding site with people that are in the same battle with the demon as you are! This site has helped me I post about everyday and the people give you support! It a great way to vent and share your ups and down with this demon! If  I can  be any help to you let me know, as I say all the time I  always need support! Cheers Jenny jmk
11 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jenny,

You have come to the right place. We can help you through it.

Failed attempts at quitting are common. What have you learned from this past attempt? What will you be doing differently tomorrow?

To start, read through the program. It is full of important information and motivational content. Also, be sure to read and post often in the support group. Many members attribute their quit to the support they have received in the support group. Be sure to set up a reward system as well. Reward yourself often. Train to brain to feel rewarded from quitting.

And curious, What is motivating you to quit now? What makes this important to you?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are never late to quit smoking Jenny!  Just like Working on it says - you are wise to try quitting again and to come here for support if you need a boost, some good ideas to help you stay on track, or even just a distraction to take your mind off a crave while you're thinking of what you want to post  : )   There are as many ways to make your quit stick as there are individuals on this site.  Please check our the forums and post away.  We're here for you : )  Go For It!    Eyja
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jenny,

Nice to see you here.  You're not 3 days too late. You are wise to attempt quitting again and to seek support from a group. As you will most likely hear from various members, each quitting attempt gives you practice for your final quit. Ideally, people could simply quit once and be done, and some folks have done this. However, others need to practice a few times before getting it perfect. Either way, if you reach your end goal, you're golden. 

Please read around here in the forums and check out the self help tools at the top of the board. The milestones and the craving diary can be quite useful for dealing with the mental/ behavioral challenges of quitting.   

I wish you the best with this quit attempt. Here's to making this the final one! And if you stumble, folks will still be here to support you getting back up. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,623.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 604 Hours: 19

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey
My name is Jenny. I am trying to quit smoking and I have found it so rough. I smoke all the time, when I am happy, when I am sad or anything in between. On Sunday, I got up and threw my pack and lighters away. I had it in my mind that Sunday was my quit day. It lasted until yesterday evening when I went to the store to "have just one cigerette", lol. That did not work out at all. I am eight into the pack and have decided that I will try again tommorrow. I am so disappointed. I thought that I could get just quit and that would be it. Anyways, nice to meet everyone and look forward to chatting with you soon.

Jenny

Reading this thread: