Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

Back Again!!!!!!

13 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ya all and congrats on the decision to quit smoking, it was the hardest thing ive ever done and SOOOOO worth it, like breather i dident get out of it very easy, it took alot of work on my part and again i say sooooo worth it all, iam having a hard time getting on SSC now after 8 years so iam not around much but wish an easy journey for you, this is the best place to be for the quit, good support and great people   Stay strong and Hang Tough :)   No Smokin Tresa

13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Back, Freedomby30,

I am so with you on this one, I quit for a year, then with my husband and friends still smoking thought I could have just one.... but now I know  N.O.P.E. means Not.One. Puff. Ever. literally....

And Breather's signature at the bottom of his posts...I say to myself and sometimes even out loud everyday... If you just don't let yourself get to Hungry...Angry...Lonely...Tired everything will work out... I mean, think about it...If we can control our Hunger and our Anger and our Loneliness and our Rest... We Can Control Our Not Smoking...

Simple...  We Can Do This....We know where we went wrong before and we just won't let it happen again.

Charm

13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Freedomby30 and Alice. Welcome to freedom. I was going to start another thread but my thoughts seemed relevent to this thread so stay with me and I'll try and explain. First the vent : I hear people say that they never think of smoking anymore ! Well good for you. I , on the other hand would like to be able to say that but it would be a lie so I can't. There are times yes that smoking is only a passing thought and only to come on heavy again another time. I smoked most of my adult life so how can I even expect it to be a non issue. I've found there to be repreives at certain stages of the quit and I think more about going back at the milestones than at any other time. The problem with this rapacious sickness of smoking is that if we have one we're right back at the beginning again. Alice , you're learning how not to smoke the same as me. Every day that you don't smoke you're building your knowledge and confidence. Freedomby30 , you have the knowledge of 1,5 years smoke free but unfortunately are going to have to go through it all again. I don't envy you. What is it that we don't like about ourselves that we feel it necessary to ingest poison into our bodies ? Tell yourself that today I'm not going to smoke no matter what happens. I like me as a non smoker. First it gets hard , then it gets easier , then it gets hard again and easier ..................................................breather
13 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I just started looking for excuses to have a smoke.  My spouse and friends smoked so I was around it and was not using any techniques that I learned in the beginning.  A friend of mine had quit and then started smoking cigars...for me it all started at just one puff and then another and then I couldn't wait for him to come over the next week so I could have one and then all of a sudden there I was buying cigars and smoking those all day fooling myself into thinking I wasn't really smoking.  I let my guard down for just ONE PUFF and that's what happened.  I pledge to never let that happen again as I now fully see what just one puff can do!  See ya around the site!
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedomby30,

Congrats on making the decision to quit again!  What method are you using for this quit? 

Not to dwell on your last quit, I am just curious what made you slip after 1.5 years?  This totally scares me.  I keep telling myself that it will get better and soon I will be totally free but I guess we are never totally free. And, we never can put our guards down (at least completely down). 

Looking forward to 'seeing' you around the site.

~Alice
13 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,  I originally quit back in 2007 and was successful for about 1.5 years.  I guess I let my guard down and little by little I was back to where I was before my quit.  I decieded recently that it was time to give it another shot and although I felt like a failure I knew signing up on the site was a smart choice!  I was grateful for all the support previously and it certainly made it easier so I'm back again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to those that have stayed quit (I recognized a few names) and those that are just beginning their journeys!  Wish you all the most success and freedom!  Look forward to learning something new the 2nd time around. 

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/15/2010
Smoke-Free Days: -2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -30
Amount Saved: $-23.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -6990

Reading this thread: