Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,718 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry

This time it must stick!

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Moses you can turn on your quit meter by going to " my profile ". , fill out the information and click on " yes " to turn it on. That way you can watch your stats build on a daily basis. Don't leave until the miracle happens. breather 72 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 72
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,600
Amount Saved: $1,728.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 6 Mins: 32 Seconds: 23

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Moses  For some strange reason my first 2 days quit seemed fairly easy but the 3 rd day was like getting hit with a ton of bricks. After that I had to work for every day smoke free. Quitting smoking is a process. Eventually you'll start to have good days but look at it as any day you don't smoke is a good day. Stay close , read and post. Post if you're having a hard time. Glad to have you on the journey with us. Nicole , are you still here ? breather 72 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 72
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,600
Amount Saved: $1,728.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 6 Mins: 30 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Nicole and Moses,
Congratulations on your quit. I'm quite new here myself but have had a lot of help and am learning new ways to cope with life without cigarettes. I am not alone, I have all my friends at the SSC to help me through. good luck.
Luv lola
xxx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: �63.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 3 Mins: 1 Seconds: 19

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moses,

Welcome to the SSC support community!  Congrats on making it past day one, you did it!  As you have already noticed, other quit members understand your struggle and have provided you with great advice on how to fight those cravings.  Write up a list of triggers and strategies you can use to combat them.

Continue to browse through the program and forums to help you develop a solid quit plan.  Also make sure to put in place a reward system: a small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week and month.

If you have any questions or need some feedback, post here. We are here for you every step of the way and will help you make it stick this time!

Good luck and hear back from you soon, 

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moses and Nicole, a hearty welcome to the SSC!  As you know, the key to a successful quit is preparation!  Please be sure to fill out all of the sections under "my program" so you have a plan in place.  Set up a reward system to celebrate your successes.  Moses, please add your quit meter to your posts under "my profile" so you can see your progress.  Ask Mr Ed to add you to the daily quitter listings so we all can celebrate your successes.  You can reply to one of his daily postings and ask him to add you.  Read, read, and read some more posts here!  We're all here together, in good times and in not so good times.  We all have one mission, to help each of us remain smoke free.  We are all rooting for both of you to be successful quitters!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 155
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,200
Amount Saved: $1,240.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 3 Mins: 46 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moses - welcome to SSC.  Congratulations on your decision to quit!!  You're doing a good thing.  Keep yourself busy, busy over the weekend.  Work through the questions and prep stuff onsite.  Stay on here as much as you need.  That's one of my biggest helps.  I come back here at every bit of down time I have!!  I'm sure people can tell that by the number of posts I've made over the past 3 weeks.  It has helped me stay focused.

You can do this.  We're here for you!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 276
Amount Saved: $121.44
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 1 Mins: 17 Seconds: 39

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nicole, welcome to SSC, and congratulations on your decision.

Moses, welcome also.  Again, another great decision!

Hang in there both of you.  The first 3 days can be the toughest.  Your coping tools are your best friends right now.  That and the art of distraction!  Good tv shows, naps, walks, plenty of water.  Be good to yourself.
Every day does get a little better.  I can remember in the beginning that laying low was the thing for me to do.  No parties, no having a drink, etc.  Its different for everyone, but I would have been done in!
Any withdrawals you are feeling are TEMPORARY for sure.  Hang in there, be patient, and post often.  We're always here to help.
Congrats again guys!

Cheers,
Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 360
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,000
Amount Saved: $2,970.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 7 Mins: 45 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All.
My name is Moses and I had my last smoke on Monday.
I've been reading the posts and have felt encouraged, so thank you to all who have left a piece of yourself here.
My first day was remarkably easy. I have no idea why but am grateful for it.
Today was another story...I'm a fish out of water. My biggest fear is the weekend for the first few weeks. I can't afford to have 5 minutes to myself or I will be tempted all day. The smell is another powerful trigger for me.
I quit 24 years ago for 2 weeks. Since then I have never lasted 24 hours. This is the first time since. This time it must stick! Yeah. It must. And I am responsible for that.
All the best to you Quitters out there. Thanks for your example.

15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and like everyone has said keep coming back and reading and posting here we are all here to help each other.  I know it has been easier for me with all the great people here supporting me and giving alot of advice.  If you want it to be forever it can be.  Think positive and forget that your giving up something good.  Read Mr   Quiters post and older post..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 287
Amount Saved: $57.40
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 10 Mins: 43 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
11/9 Wow that is huge :) yes hang out here you will do great just hang touch :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2358
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 56,592
Amount Saved: $9,903.60
Life Gained:
Days: 306 Hrs: 8 Mins: 19 Seconds: 27

Reading this thread: