Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Slipped @#%*&

15 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron, don't beat yourself up, it doesn't help.  If you need time, not to much, take it and regroup.  In the meantime you keep coming here and read and post.  What I have found out SSC is family and much more.  I know it stink when you "think" you messed up, but you didn't.  Quitting is a learning process and you just need to keep learning.  You were young in your quit and life threw you a huge curve ball and it got you.  So stand up dust yourself off and get ready for the journey of your life. 

What I have learned by returning to smoking is it is not worth it.  Maybe the first couple are okay, but then you start to loath yourself for smoking, you smell, you don't other to know so you sneak around and smoke, the dirty ashtrays.  I think you know what I am saying.  Hope to see you back soon, but when you are ready.

Keep the Quit
Sparky

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/24/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20
Amount Saved: $3.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 8 Mins: 5 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Ron,

I can only imagine what a tough time you are going through. The only thing right now that you know for sure ---is that smoking will not change things either way.

While you are dealing with all this hard stuff--take time and do simething for yourself--work the program, review coping skills and set a quit date. You are worth it...You'll feel better...

Let us walk with you during this time. I'm keeping you in my prayers..

Hugs,
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 178
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,340
Amount Saved: $1,201.50
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 6 Mins: 2 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 136 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron, I'm sure you know that succumbing to your addiction did not resolve your issues. It only gave you a tranquilizer and popped you right back where you were. On the other hand, you have 30 days under your belt and now you know you can do it. Don't go away. Stay here and continue to join in the discussions while you get yourself back together.  Life's issues are tough -- we have to be tougher. I know you can do this, Ron!

Rusty

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/13/2004
Smoke-Free Days: 1352
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 68,952
Amount Saved: $15,514.20
Life Gained:
Days: 120 Hrs: 14 Mins: 34 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron - I don't really know what to say except I'm really glad you posted instead of dropping off.  When you mentioned your issues earlier I was worried about you.  Not just about smoking.  After all, the docs say that if you quit enough, one day it will stick.  Yours will stick.

I can't even imagine how difficult the situation must be for you.  Please know that someone is thinking of you and praying for you and your family.  Please stick around and let us know how you're doing.
AK

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 72
Amount Saved: $31.68
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 13 Mins: 0 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My Friends,

I blew it and need to reset the stats.

My greatest fear came through--the EX is re-opening her claims for full custody of our kids. The triggers were flowing like roaring rapids. All this stress and my mis-dosage on the nicotine replacement therapies have left me in a tough place--first too much then not enough.

I need to take a few days to "get my quit back" and start over.

I learned a lot from these 30 days and know my experiences will only make me stonger--they will only increase my resolve. I screwed up, but my desire to quit isn't gone or dimished in any way.

You guys have been awesome. Sorry to let you down...but I will be back soon

Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 930
Amount Saved: $155.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 13 Mins: 55 Seconds: 0

Reading this thread: