Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

This one HAS to stick !

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeannie, hello and welcome to SSC- congrats already on your first smoke free day- well done  Dropping by here, reading others posts is a major help- whatever you're going through someone on here I guarantee will have been through the same and you will find their support and help invaluable.
My stats are similar to yours- I was a smoker for 37 years, 25-30 a day too- and here I am on day 36 feel terrific- and I swear SSC played a huge part especially in those early days of Hell and Heck weeks.
So, good to meet you and let us know how it goes!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 36
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 900
Amount Saved: $540.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 6 Mins: 52 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeannie,  I think you'll find it won't be long before "the automatic cigarette reach" stops.  Drink lots of ice water, walk, sleep, deep breaths, etc.  CSI and Law and Order were two of my BIGGEST coping tools!  One day at a time,

Cheers,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $1,138.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 18 Mins: 35 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jeannie,

Congrats on your first day! You'll find you'll look for those cigs less and less.

Keep persevering!

Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone!  Thank you all so very much for the very warm and inviting welcome
Met up with quite a few bumps in the road today but didn't give in so that's a plus.
The patch is helping but I'm still in the 'grab for the cig' mode even with the changes
I've made in my routine.  It's a weird feeling going to grab 'them' and 'they' are not 
anywhere to be found.. oh yeah they're in the garbage which was picked up yesterday!
HA!
Once again your welcome was very warm and I'm taking it one tiny step at a time.

J.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25
Amount Saved: $10.25
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 4 Mins: 30 Seconds: 13

15 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Jeannie!

Stick with us and we will help you through the rough times and celebrate with you when you reach your milestones.
We have all been where you are at right now and we know you will get through it just like we did.

Just remember that everytime you beat a crave you will become stronger and the craves will become weaker.
Take it one crave at a time.  What does not kill you will make you stronger.
We are here for you, just keep posting and we will keep answering you.

Again Welcome to our little slice of the non smoking world.

Beckylynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/29/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 45
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 900
Amount Saved: $67.50
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 8 Mins: 20 Seconds: 3

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jeannie... and welcome to the SSC. This is great news that you have decided to quit smoking. Think of what this will do for your health - clean air in your lungs and no more ashtrays and stink in the house - throw away all those lighters and always keep a glass of iced water by your side... keep coming in here to ask for help and wait for a while 'til you get some replies to bolster your spirits.
      Remember that there is a whole slew of information in your tools and resources box at the top of this page and make sure you read through the archives  (you could start by reading the thread from Joe Cool- that will fix your concentration on this your Final Quit!!) - click on search messages and insert "Joe Cool" and submit...

patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,675
Amount Saved: $1,653.75
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 7 Mins: 46 Seconds: 41

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jeannie!!

You sound alot like I did when I first got on here 100 days ago!!!  Back then I told everyone here that I was bound and determined to do it this time!!!  You have everything going for you this time and everyone here is pulling for you!!! 

WELCOME ABOARD and JUST START KICKING SOME NICO-DEMON ASH!!!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 100
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,500
Amount Saved: $412.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 7 Mins: 9 Seconds: 6

• Quit Meter

$44,430.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1063 Hours: 9

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome to SSC, Jeannie!!!  You've definitely come to the right place because there's loads of support and advice.  There's also lots of members who are going through or have gone through what you are right now.

You are definitely right when you say that looking farrrrrr into the future is not a good move.  Take this journey one minute, one hour, one crave at a time.  I think you'll have much more success.  So, we're here to help you...one day at a time.

Cheers,

Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 137
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,425
Amount Saved: $1,130.25
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 15 Mins: 45 Seconds: 32

15 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome!
I can only suggest you some here daily and read all you can regarding quitting, use the tools and resources to help you and post with any rants,raves or questions you may have. I hope this quit sticks for you!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 157
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,826
Amount Saved: $1,102.14
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 5 Mins: 37 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeannie,

You have definitely come to the right place! We are all here to support you and encourage you along the way. You can do this! In terms of stress, stress is a common contributor to slipping. How to avoid falling into the trap? Plan ahead! Imagine yourself in high-stress situations. What could you do instead of instinctively reaching for that old crutch?

Here are a few ideas to get your started:

* Take a walk
* Phone a friend
* Write in a diary

Members, please feel free to share some advice and tips with Jeannie. Lets ensure that Jeannie's quit will be a successful one!

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: