Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,694 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

My First day and I feel weird!

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Fighter You're going to do just fine now lets work on your dad.How about leaving little bits of information on quitting smoking laying around the house or telling him about the things you will learn here about the implications off smoking ( and theirs lots to learn as you will see )or how about challeging him with a small bet. As I said earlier you've got your head screwed on properly all the best. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 376 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,760.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fighter, Way to go, throwing it away! I do wish that you would practice that throwing motion BEFORE you pick it up next time, and it will become a sort of 'shooing the fly away' gesture for you that may give you something else to do besides pick it up. I am not criticizing you, but that comes very close to "romanticising" the addiction, allowing the possibility, and allows your mind to go to the "just one puff" place we all know is there. Avoiding that place is the better part of valor, you know? That way, your quit lives on to fight another day! And how cool is that? [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/chickmachinegun.jpg[/IMG] Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everybody, thank you! Only a former smoker could understand what a withdrawal from a ciggarette can be like. To get real help and real answers from people who really understand is what is keeping me afloat right now. The smoker in the house is my father, and unfortunately I am in his house therefor he will not go outside. I do now have a greater sense of pride being able to ignore that smell and to be able to persue a healthier life by my will power. It is mind over matter on this one, as I found out earlier today. I almost slipped up. I had the square up to my mouth, and I just started to light it when... I pulled it out of my mouth before it could even light up, and I threw it away instantly. I'm not even sure exactly why I did it, but I gotta tell ya all. I felt great after doing so! One more day of being smoke free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/26/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading all these posts! You guys are all so amazing! I feel so welcomed here :) Fighter - my hubby is still smoking, although not in the house, but it does seem to make me a little agitated (I think I minimized right there... lol) Be strong! Smell how nasty that smells?? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! WE can do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/26/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fighter and Alaphabet J, You come to a good place to quit. If it was not for this group I would have had a hard time keeping my quit. THANKYOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE!!! I felt spacy at frist too. I last time during meetings at work and had to get my diretor to repet abought 5 min of the meeting back too me. It did pass in a few days. I use lozevges it helps a lot. Stay strong, and keep your quit, You desreve it. Etta (March Mellow) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
people helping other people , that's what it's all it about. thank you all , god bless you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim My pleasure, I had that one hanging on the refrigerator door for months after I quit...Hey keep up the great work, you are making wonderful progress...Cessation is the greatest thing we can do for ourselves, the benefits of getting it done are incalculable and the knowledge that we where able to do it is a source of great pride.... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 458 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,809.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$66,822.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1378 Hours: 20

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you have a garage you could ask that he smoke in the garage or outside.. Just keep one ashtray.. and make him clean it himself. My husband is a Non smoker.. and I now realize what I have put him through all these years.. I tried to be a polite smoker.. but until I quit... I didn't realize.. the only other thing I can think of is one of those ashtrays that suck the smoke in. stay strong.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 782 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fighter Thats a tough one, I quit in my own little fortress of solitude, so I am not one to comment on that. However, I know that others here have dealt with the same situation and perhaps they will be kind enough to share their experiences... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 458 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,809.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$66,822.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1378 Hours: 20

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with Jim very much! Thank you all for writing in response to my words. I really think that I might have slipped last night if it wasn't for this feeling that I had people out there who really cared enough to help me quit. This site has really put the whole quitting process in perspective for me. I am dealing now with the fact that there is another smoker in the house who doesn't have enough respect to smoke outside. Aghh the agony of ignoring the smell. Any suggestions would be helpful. Again thank you all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/26/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: