Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

I started today.

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Renee! [b] [color=Red] [font=Courier New] This is a FREE service brought to you by a site member (ME). [/color] [color=Green] Get added to my Quit Stats Database![/color] [color=Red] See your name and fellow quitters celebrating significant quit days![/color] [color=Green] See your Quit stats each weekend! (Quitters - Youngest to Oldest or The A-z Big Parade)![/color] [color=Red] Many new (2008) Quitters have already done this..[/color] [color=Green] Older Quitters missing from these lists - let me know as well![/color] [color=Blue] HOW TO DO IT? - REPLY HERE! Just post your Quit Name & Quit Meter (or quit date)[/color] [color=Green] Everybody here will see your Quit stats and be able to celebrate with you![/color] [/font] [/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 770 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,775.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 125 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Renee I still feel like a newbie at times, but the poeple here have made it possible for me to make it this far into the quit, it is amazing. I can say with certainty that I would have never made it if I had not found this site. I used the gum for a couple of weeks, but did not like it very well and figured I had the physical cravings out of my system by then, it was time for me to take care of the mental part on my own. My husband and daughter quit at the same time, so that made it much easier for me. Post often, lots of ice water, use your tools that you find on this site, re read them often, tell all your support system what you are experiencing, make it thru hell and heck week, and the future will look so much better (and cleaner and less stinky) to you!! Congratualtions on your decision to quit...set your quit meter and use it all the time. It is the one of the best tools of this site...I still love seeing how many days I have been healthier, and how much money I have saved. Truly amazing...the best part tho? Well, as you will soon find out, it is the awesome new friends you will find right here!! Morning, Everyone!! Have a fantastic week! Enjoy the ride, hang tough and always remember PMA..postive Mental Attitude. When you think you can do it, we KNOW you CAN do it!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judi is right about the fake cig's. I have one in my car, on the end table in the TV room & one at the kitchen table for when I have the urge to hold something. It also helps me to remember to take deep breaths. Man, the deep breathing feels so good. Good luck to you. BJ, glad to hear you're doing so well. We WILL do this quit thing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Patrick, I know there atr still craves and rocky road ahead. But to you newbies... THIS can be done. Hang onto your Quit for all you are worth.. I would not like to go back and go thru hell or heck week again. The Chantix HAS made it easier.. BUT saying NO to the urges makes YOU the one who controls YOUR LIFE. The more you say NO the easier it gets. The No ia now more like a little mouse squeeking.. than a dragon roaring. Don't forget to brag .. and be proud of yourself. We LOVE to cheerlead with you. The roller coaster of emotions will settle down.... and if once in awhile you feel like kicking something.. be careful what you kick so you don't break your toe... EVERYONE has GOOD days and BAD days. If we didn't have a bad day.. how would we know it was a GOOD one.. Have a great smoke free evening and rest of your life [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 612 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bonnie (BJ), you know how well you're doing. You're a stalwart and a caregiver from way back. It must be like recovering from a bullet wound to the chest; where you imagined in the dark hours that you wouldn't make it out of the hospital but here you are getting ready to enjoy the Spring and just feeling so full of life and gratitude! Well, love yourself, Bonnie. You can be proud of what you've accomplished through thick and thin.... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $663.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, BeeDee, Mrs Nick, Astrofan, Judi, GlascowGuy and Jim - you're all our latest NEW fighters and it's a pleasure to have you all here and showing so much moxy and support and love for yourselves and others, old and new in here! You are quitting smoking and you'll never have to give a d**n about the crazy firesticks ever again... isn't that great? Didn't you feel chained to them like Promethius to his rock? You're on the way to Freedom... smell it and love it every moment and especially when those thoughts flit across your minds about cigarettes..., The beauty of it, the strength of it comes from the power you have in you to conquer the addiction!! Focus, focus and focus... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $663.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Renee I quit two weeks ago cold turkey- and it was so much easier than I expected- the fear of quitting is the biggest thing. I'm curious when you said smoking was not permitted in public where you live- does that mean outside too? I wonder how you could still be a smoker?! I live in Australia, where about 6 months ago smoking was banned from pubs/bars. They banned it from restaurants a few years ago. But every bar now has an outside room where the smokers go. I soppose I mostly smoked at home though, I have a little boy, and it was too embarrssing to be seen as smoking mum! Funny how I never smoked in the car or inside, and never wanted to, but still found the time to suck down 20 a day! Anyway, congratulations and best of luck :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Renee, I am useing this site,nicxorette lozenges, and my own personal support team. When I did the work book (that you will find in your glove compartment) it help me to set up my support team. I asked each person that I am close to to help me with my qiut. they all signed a support pledg and that has made me more acountable. I all so drink lots and lots and lots of ice water, it helps. stay strong you can do it, We are hear for each other. Etta (March Mellow) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
go get 'em renee ! this site is awesome for support , you're a winner today ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Renee,,living with smokers during your quit does make it harder. My husband smokes (but those nasty non-filters don't temp me):) so I removed all but his ashtray,keep lots of hard candy around and made a "fake' cigarette to hold between my fingers when watching T.V. or on computer etc.. This site is fantastic! We are glad you are here. Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: