Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Introductions-Planning my quit and will be needing some support!

16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's good to see that you're enjoying the journey, the process is quite amazing... Enjoy every moment, well done ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 994 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34,790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,461.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 142 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$12,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 14

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Keliza! I didn't realize our quits were on the same day either! LOL! Yep...day six for me as well and doing great! I get alittle crave once in awhile, but nothing that can't be handled. I know what you mean about skipping breakfast. I always did that as well. But this morning had bacon and eggs with coffee, orange juice and milk. I was tasting things in my breakfast that I had forgotten about! LOL! Have a great day all! I'll be back in later with a progress report. Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yahoo Dan! I didn't realize before that we had the same quit date. I'm on day 6 now too and feel pretty good. I'm trying to stay focused on having good eating habits (I used to always skip breakfast) and whenever the nasty nic monster starts talkin in my ear I just knock him off my shoulder and keep busy. It really does feel good not to have those smelly things in my hands anymore. Keep up the good work - minute by minute, day by day we are doin it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you..thank you! Yeah, it felt GREAT telling the cashier "no thanks, I don't smoke anymore!" Even one of the carry-out people caught up with me as I was leaving to tell me how great they thought it was that I quit. I didn't even know this person! Was too cool! My neighbor is still quit and we went walking again this evening, but this time I took a garbage bag with me. As we walked down the road I picked up cans along the way. Not only was I getting healthy...I made some money too! Filled that bag clear to the top! LOL! Bet I got at least 10 lb of cans. Where else can you walk down the side of the road and make money?? LOL! All in all...a great day! Still working on the new music piece. Some pieces take awhile. Thank you all for the messages. Makes my day to check in and leave progress reports and read the replies. And I LOVED the Happy Dances!! LOL! Those were GREAT! Thank you both for those! Heck, if I keep up like this, I may even be able to start helping some other quitters here before too long! Woohoo!! What do you think? I'll pop in again later tonight. Remember you guys....WE ROCK!!!! Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danno How great is that????!!!! Watching you rack up the days has been a major pleasure for me this week.....all your planning is definitely paying off in a big big way!!!! Think I'll join this happy dance [IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/Lynn76/alienhappydance.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,244.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, thank you, Mr. Danno. [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/jstforkel/bow-curtsey.gif[/IMG] I believe we agree then. We both ROCK!!! I wish I could have been there to see the reaction you got at the store. How great was that!? Must have made your day. Good for you, you awesome non-smoker, you!!! I believe a happy dance is in order... [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc221/jstforkel/HappyDancestickfigure.gif[/IMG] Rock on, Danno! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $157.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Going though that check out line must have made you feel like a million dollars. Way to go. I remember the first time was able to say "non smoking" when we out to eat. I am so please for you. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $432.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Danno, you sound great! Keep up that attitude, that's how it gets done. Just think, maybe somebody at that store could be inspired to quit by your example! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,441.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Hello all! How is everyone doing today?? Great I hope! Day 5 for me and I decided to go to the store to pick up some things. When I got to the check-out, the little girl at the counter just automatically went and got my cigarettes and brought them back to add them to my total! Everyone at that store knew what I smoked and how many I bought at a time! LOL! I had to tell her "no thank you...I don't smoke anymore." She flipped! LOL! Then it went cashier to cashier. All in all...a fun day so far! I'll check back in alittle later tonight. Got a new piece of music I'm working on at the moment. Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Thank you Kelly! And look at U BTW....27 days?? It is YOU my dear that rocks! I'll be at that mark soon enough, but you got there before I did. {Low bow to Ms. Kelly.} I look forward to your messages. Thank you for taking the time. I hope I can use that Thank you as a "blanket" thank you to everyone who has encouraged me so far on my quit. We are supposed to reward ourselves right? Well, my reward is coming here and reading the things that people took the time to write for/to me in this thread. I find it more rewarding than things that I could buy, because it comes from others, and can't be bought...only giving freely. To me, that makes it worth FAR more. Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: