Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

I'm trying again

16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H! I think once you get through some of the initial funk of quitting, you'll find that the burden that's been lifted will be SO worth it! You're now FREE from all the hiding and all the worry. Check out the online quit program for inspiration and ideas about coping strategies. You're triggers are probably pretty well ingrained since you could only smoke at certain times. The strategies will help you build a lot of tools to get you through those. Congrats! All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1064 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,788.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 81 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$37,108.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 19

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H 10 days is awesome! And good work on the chocolate bar. Giving yourself a different reward than cigarettes is very important. Making new associations for your emotions and situations. Free time --- Smoke? No, take a walk, do something else you like to do. Stressed --- Smoke? No, call a friend, take a walk, take a bath. Done with work ---- smoke? No, have a fudgsicle, a glass of wine. let us know how we can help. You're doing great! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $714.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome H!! I hope you've stopped and looked back on the new road you've traveled now for 10 days. Congratulations! I've looked back, but only to sum up how far I've come. Looking forward is far more exciting. You're story really touched me. I wasn't a closet smoker but I wouldn't smoke just anywhere. Outside, away from my children, downwind of open windows, and on and on. Smoking did keep me from going places with my family or doing things with them when they would keep me from smoking and make me uncomfortable or irritable. I'm so glad smoking doesn't weigh in a single ounce in anything I do. I don't have that monkey on my back anymore. I'm in control again for the first time in many years. You've put more thought and energy into maintaining your habit secretly. I don't know that I wouldn't miss the game aspect of that life at least a little. Sure I'd regret the deception but there must have been something more than simply maintaining nicotine levels there. Maybe a little excitement in getting away with something or being a little naughty. I don't know how you feel about this, I'm just thinking it might be something else you should look at and understand so it doesn't become part of some elaborate junky deception to get you back where you don't want to be. Before I quit I realized I was tired of managing that pointless habit. All waisted energy and destructive behavior. I have a lot more time on my hands than I used to and I put that time to good use. I wish you the best of luck and when you feel your strength waning, come here and let us build you back up again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome H ~ You have done it! You chose not to smoke! One day at a time your doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome H, There is many closet smokers here. I was one of them for many years. We even had a thread on it and people wrote there halarious stories!! :p I was surprised how many closet smokers there is. In some ways look at it as a plus. You will really appreciate not having to sneak around and you will feel that freedom so much more. You can do this. mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on making the decision to quit... Please post often and let us know how you are doing... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $728.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, H. Welcome to the site. If you need help, you are in the right place. There is lots of support here & congrats on your 10 days. That's wonderful! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $583.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H, Here is a link (I hope) to a thread others wrote titled Calling Closet Smokers. Maybe it will help you. If not, maybe you will see yourself or get a few laughs anyway. Good luck on your quit Nance [url=http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=36912&forum=1&forumname=Forum%20for%20New%20Users%20&%20General%20Discussion&topictitle=Calling%20Closet%20Smokers]http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=36912&forum=1&forumname=Forum%20for%20New%20Users%20&%20General%20Discussion&topictitle=Calling%20Closet%20Smokers[/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $683.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome H. That sneaking around is a killer. I would quit and then sneak and then quit and then sneak. So not worth it. The freedom you find from not having to smoke it wonderful. Just take it a day at a time. Read everything you can and if you become addicted to this website that is okay :p Just remember there is support here. Post and someone will come along and respond. Glad you are here. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello H Welcome to the site and well done for making the decision to stop and to have kept to it for this long. I was bit of a closet smoker too and would sneak around feeling guilty about smoking a lot of the time. So much so that some friends, when I have told them I have stopped, say they never thought I smoked anyway! I used to smoke in the car, in the garden and always with an eye over my shoulder to make sure no-one saw. Crazy behaviour. Makes life a lot easier for that not to be part of my life. Do the programme here and then your stats will show next time you post. Good luck Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,584 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �495.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: