Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Withdrawals are killing me HELP!!!!!

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went cold turkey too. BUT, there is no SHAME in using NRTs. Cold Turkey doesn't make you a tougher person and NRTs do not make you weak. Danielle is right, we are all different and we have to choose what works best for us. I'm proud of everyone, whether they use NRTs or go Cold Turkey. Hell, I'm just proud of everyone who chooses NOT to smoke. When it all comes down to it, that's what really matters. MEL, I believe you should call your doctor and just let him/her know what's going on. I quit on Feb. 18th and I did have a bit of a headache but not for long. We're all different but that seems like a pretty long time to have a headache. It may be stress related and easily remedied. Let us know how you're doing. Okay? Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Lots of varying opinions on different quit methods. Truth is, everyone is different and will select methods most suitable to them. There is no right or wrong answer. After all, it doesn't matter how you begin your quit, just matters that you quit and stay that way. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
exile - You are so correct... You keep that head up and share your important opinions! There's a place for everyone here, my friend! Mel - how ya doing? Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 404 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1878.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The companies that make the patches are quite happy for people to believe that you need help to quit because they make money from you. But YOU really DON'T. :) :) Patches are a placebo. The person quitting is you! It is only you that stops yourself from putting a cigarette in your mouth. I think the patches make you feel as though you need them when you really don't. It is hard to quit on patches, is it not? Of course it is! Just the same as going cold turkey!! I just think it's a shame that people say they only managed to quit because of the patches. They should be congratulating themselves because they quit, they managed it by themselves. That is an amazing achievement!!! Remember nicotine is only part of the addiction. Sorry, rant over.. *creeps away quietly, with head down..* :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �863.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mel, go see a doc. Me done the 'cold t' & had no brainache.... you not chewing too much gum or drinking to much coffee there dude ? anyhow.... Before i go i want to clear this up, the success rate via cold turkey is extremely impressive !, so impressive my little cherrubs that i'm not even going to post the stats cos it'l cause a riot... do some research. Worry, anxiety & stress can all contribute to these headaches, the doc may be able to perscribe a little something to ease the pain. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 832 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 120 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$12,663.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 14

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i quit cold turkey as well and im going to keep on going forward,there is no going back so another sucess here :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 823 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �209.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
1939bear - I have a first time, NO SLIP, cold turkey quit, so please know the truth before making a statement about the lack of success with quits like mine, friend! Mel - I had the same headache - and I found that full body massages and a myriad of de-stressing exercises supported me untii the pain went away... I do know the pain, dear one, just hold on tight! Smoking will not help... I am living proof that a first time, cold turkey quit with no slips IS more than possible BUT hold on tight, and no smoking! Stay close to this site and read, read, read... Lots of catnaps, hot baths with lavender essential oil and a cup of apple cider vinegar, peppermint essential oil on the temples is amazing for a headache, meditating and yoga will help... There is a wonderful headache kit at bath and body, that I love... You can also find some wonderful herbal neck wraps and head wraps at Marshall's and TJ Max... they help a great deal, too. Love and Gentle Blessings, you can do this... Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 403 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1873.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mel.....When I quit, about a couple of months into it I had a nagging headache which seemed to be there all the time.....hubby used to nag at me about all the acetemenaphine I was taking....I quit using the patches and I think it was after I was through with them....does asprin or another pain killing drug relieve your headache?..mine finally ceased to hurt....but to be on the safe side, I think you should talk to your doctor about it....that will also relieve your mind and lessen the stress that this is causing you? and you're right to keep fighting the urge to light up.....you will finally get through the withdrawals.....and I promise you that your freedom will be WELL worth it!! katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1924 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10966.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 253 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$159,103.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5348 Hours: 1

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent advice there. I had patches for two weeks then gave up with them. You can quit cold turkey. It's the stress that causes most of the effects not the lack of nicotine. Avalleymom I think is spot on with what she says about clenching your jaw. Tension can cause all sorts of complaints. I was dizzy and light headed on NRT for two weeks and when I came off there was no real difference. I just needed to know I was in control.. but that is just what is best for me. Take care and good luck!! :) Claire xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 156 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �858 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mel, Some quitters do experience headaches as a result of quitting. It can last up to a few weeks after quitting. If symptoms continue to persist, not relieved by traditional pain reliever or is accompanied by other symptoms. Consult your doctor at your earliest convenience. We hope you feel better soon. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: