Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Hello, I am new.

17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And the replys keep coming... thank you so much!!!
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll add my support here and say Go for it Lou! You can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou Good luck you can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lou P Lou, Change can be scary and many have felt just as you do now. Keep working through our program and don't hesistate to ask questions. Keep us posted. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
Carolin, you said, "It sounds really really scary what u write there- but I know you can do it!" I am tired and not understanding what sounds scary.
Thank you all for all the replys! I appreciate all the encouragement! I know that will help a lot once I hit my "quit date". I really think the advice to wait a week after starting the medcine to quit was good advice. This week gives me plenty of time to read and educate myself on what to expect and to get myself into the mindset to succeed! Today when I did smoke I found myself thinking of things I could be doing instead of smoking. I found myself thinking about next week when I will not be smoking. Kinda scarey thought really... I have been smoking so long.. Someone mentioned that when you quit you kidna greive... I can believe that. Well, it is off to bed now... thank you all again for all of the encouragement! Talk to you all tomorrow.
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lou! First of all, welcome! It sounds really really scary what u write there- but I know you can do it! Everybody, is able to stop if he/she wants too. I know it�s not easy, as I�m going through the same process but, it is possible and you are not alone! Good luck and get well soon! Carolin
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lou. I'm another Chantix user here. It really is helpful - makes it so much easier to make the quit. However, you still have to work to keep quit. While you have the week ahead of you, you should check out the Alan Carr book "Easy Way to stop smoking". It'll give you additional insight into this addiction and how it grabs control of you. You can do it. Keep reading posts here, too and someone will be here when you need it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$119,628.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6406 Hours: 2

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lou I,m the Bear I,m 68 and have been smoking for over 50 years Your friends,parents and family are absolutly right not only will your smoking lead to cancer it will increase your odds of getting cancer . I use the patch myself but many of the people here use Chantix with very good results. Not only can you do it you will do it.So visit often,ask a lot of questions and we,ll help you along the way. Bear
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lou :) I wish you the very best of luck with it. You sound positive and that is great. Please remember that nicotine is only a small (ish) part of the addiction. A lot of it is psychological. It does actually feel, I think, a lot like grieving - what do others think? I got through it, somehow, lol, not sure how just did I guess! Coming out the other side now and feeling great. When I have a cold now it goes really quickly, whereas before I'd be coughing for a good couple of weeks after. Although you may find your body trying to get rid of some gunk in the first couple of weeks. Try and drink a bit more to start with. ;) Coming onto this site really helped me too. Just reading other peoples support for others really helped. I think because we can all understand where we are coming from it makes it nice to think you can be understood. :) Try to make some carrot stick or celery nibbles to see you through the day in the morning. That might help you, that way you are only snacking on good things and will help you feel more positive about yourself. :) Take care and good luck! Claire xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 155 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �852.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: