Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Hello !

17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean, You know what??? That wonderful attitude of yours???? It will get you through this, so hang on to it, and you'll rise to the top. (high fives) You go girl! Welcome, and have a great day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $986.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sally , yes I'm feeling quite good :) And congrats on your 7 weeks ! Way to go :) :) I was hit with a blast of cold wind from every direction - snow flakes went up my nose and into my eyes but I couldn't careless..lol! It was kind of weird.. you're going to think I'm 'Miss Loonytunes' but... (can't believe I'm admitting to this..) As I was walking with all that cold wind hitting me and snow swirling all around me I started to say - OUTLOUD - "I don't smoke anymore.. I AM A NON SMOKER!" I mean I kept repeating this over and over til I got to the coffee shop which is about a 15 minute walk.. Somehow, in an off the wall way talking to myself this way really made me feel good inside. I also think there was a part of me that thought - coffee & cig .. they just go together so well and maybe I was afraid that having a coffee would trigger a crave. Anyway - I had a wonderful walk, enjoyed my coffee, read through a booklet which came with my free patches and watched people. I just finished eating dinner .. ate early today and immediately did what I did last night. Man my kitchen is SPARKLING ! LOL.. Get the worse craves 1st thing in the morning, after dinner and around 8 p.m. Again tonight I'm going to set up with my snacks and water and watch my movie. Thanks Changing.. I need all the moral support I can get! See you all later.. I'm always here when I'm not cleaning, reading, walking and my list of distractions go on forever :) J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sally - I see that you are on Day #50 - Wow - that's incredible! Congratulations! Jean - I hope you had a nice walk & time at the coffee shop. Check in and let us know how you're doing --- we're all routing for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 9

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
the sun is rising in oregon..a beautiful morning. I came here to visit my stats :) and to find out how my friends are today. And you sound GREAT!!! Keep up the attitude and the posts---they are really fun to read. Have a great day. sally [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heading out for my walk shortly ... Aloha - I think trying to keep a positive outlook on whatever one is facing in life is the key to surviving and to success. Ummm.. lol.. I haven't decided on a movie for today but I'm looking at something skeeeeerrrrrrry.. like "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford! Angel - everyone's welcome for leftovers :) I'm in Toronto.. we're neighbours (((hugs))) AND I would love to move south.. let's make a plan k? I'd like to go somewhere where it's not too hot, just some middle ground where it hits the mid to high 70's.. AAAAAwwwwwwwww.... Hey Tutti - people seemed a little worried that you didn't offer up water as one of your suggestions and then you posted water and someone seemed so relieved! You must have a lot of confidence in the water thing huh? Let me ask you, does water help not only with the cravings but also with flushing out the chemicals? See I'm on the patch so it's not going to flush out the nicotine right? I'm unsure about this.. let me know when you have a moment? And yes we are right there together :) Changing - Hmmm.. my final push/motivation for quitting? Well, quite frankly I was getting scared of all the deaths in my family over the years and I wasn't feeling any of the ill effects of smoking - coughing, shortness of breath etc., and also really wasn't enjoying smoking anymore. I'd be smoking and wondering "why did I light this one? I'm not even enjoying it.." and 1/2 way through put it out. Just fed up with the loss of $$, the panic of running out, and all of the stuff above. So two weeks ago the government of Ontario offered FREE patches for 6 weeks. I signed up and then did a lot..TONS of reading here, picked up a lot of great ideas to prepare and then the patches arrived and then here I am .. A NON SMOKER ! *shaking my head in amazement and glorious celebration at my wonderful decision!* Ok.. Out into the freezing cold for my walk, stopping for that coffee while I simply day dream and NOT think of anything but my journey! See you all later and .. have a super day :) J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phew....Tutti finally mentioned the water, I was getting worried about her - thought she was losing it! Jean - Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job fighting away that evil nicodemon! So glad to have you on [i]our[/i]side! ;) Jean - I'm curious - what was your final push/motivation to quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,412 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 9

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, I forgot to tell you that I'll turn 47 in August and have smoked for 27 years. So, we're right there together. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,083 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Jean, You really are a breath of fresh air and have yourself so pumped up for your Quit. That's just great and I love reading your posts. This site is wonderful and I'm so glad you're here. The site has been a lifesaver. We all have gone through the same things at different points during our Quits. So, we're here to support you and walk with you every step of the way. That's what I found so comforting about this site. It doesn't even feel right calling this a site.....it really does feel like a community. You do need to drink that water. Lots of it. Okay? I get soooo tired of water but, it really helps with those cravings and flushes your system out. Have a great day and please, keep us posted. We're just a hop, skip and a jump away if you need us. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,083 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jean Sounds like you did just great! Your dinner sounds way too good! I'll see you for the left overs. LOL I have snow on the ground too! Hate it. Where do you live? I am in OH. I think its time to move south. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey jean! Now arent you a breath of fresh air?....sooo positive! I love it!!!!! and congratulations on your second day!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you're doing this quitting thing in a way that will help your success...have coping strategies at the ready. I find water, juice, breathing, and self talk realllllly help...and this site...i found it on my third day...and it has really been good for knowledge, advice, fun, and distraction Keep up the good work....and what're todays's movies? -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: