Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,721 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade

I've made decision

17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today i have found this site and i realy liked what they had to say, i am ready to quit smoking , i have not set a date because i do not know how hard its going to be i would like to be smoke free by June 2007 so that gives me 3 months. I am confident that i can do this because i want to do this, i have 2 children ages 10 and 2. i want to be there when they graduate college, get married and have kids, so i made a decision to quit. I am hoping that this site will help and i am hoping i can help other to.
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Connorbaby! I'm glad you found this site and are planning a quit. I tried to quit 4 times before with only modest success. This time I, like you, planned ahead. Three months before my quit I started exercising and lost 8 lbs in anticipation of weight gain once I quit-and I am continuing to exercise now. I also spoke with my physician about quitting, together we decided the patch was the way to go. This site offers many tools to prepare you, and as I am now finding out a ton of positive support and feedback once you take the plunge! Best wishes and visit often!!!!!!!!! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome connorbaby, This is a great site, lots and lots of positive encouragement and advise. Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Are you going to use anything to help you or are you going cold turkey? Which ever way you decide, we on this site are all behind you. You can come here to post, to vent or to just read others posts. Everybody's quit is different, so I don't know if it is going to be hard for you or not. Mine is about in the middle. I am also using Chantix which helps tremendously! At any rate, you can to the right place, we wish you luck and keep posting, it helps. Welcome :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Weclome connerbaby, Looks like you have two great reasons to quit. There is a website called...."whyquit.com" A woman had two children and there is a video of her. She is so sorry she didn't quit in time. Watch the video and it will help you get thru those first few hard days. This is a wonderful place ...with the most real people I have ever met. Post often...and vent all you want. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,037 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Weclome connerbaby, Looks like you have two great reasons to quit. There is a website called...."whyquit.com" A woman had two children and there is a video of her. She is so sorry she didn't quit in time. Watch the video and it will help you get thru those first few hard days. This is a wonderful place ...with the most real people I have ever met. Post often...and vent all you want. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,037 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and don't be afraid to set a quit date. Just do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 746 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $370 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Connerbaby! You have made a great choice. I had tried quitting many times with little success. I have been smoke free for six months (and loving it). This site is a big reason why. For the first three months I was here at least twice a day. Now I check in a couple of times a week. You will be amazed how much better you will feel and how much money you save. Good luck with your quit and stay tuned to this site for support Steve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Come on in and make yourself at home! This is a wonderful place to quit smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,342 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1488 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: