Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I'm tryin again

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I am Sandy, and I have taken Chantix for 3 weeks now. I am still smoking 4 or 5 cig's a day, but have been letting one go per week. I am going to be completly smoke free before long. I am glad I found this web-site--maybe a little support and reading other peoples testaments will help me rid myself of these last daily ones.
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon This is day three for me, I too have quit at least 5 times but this is the last and I just keep telling myself that. I don't every want to go through this process again! I am using the patch too, I seem to be having vivid dreams but its not too bad. Keep really busy Drink lots of water (from a bottle seems to work best) Baby carrots are a great non fat way to keep your hand and mouth busy Gummy bears are great to nibble on. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep. It kills hours and you don't feel the fits. From what I understand the first week is the worst then it gets better after that. You are doing the best thing for YOU, not anyone else.
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sandy and Sharon and congrats on your quits!! Please keep reading and posting here. This is a wonderful community that will help you every step of the way. Reading through old posts here (sometimes for hours) has really helped me through the sucky times :) I too use the patch and I am getting very funky dreams... last night I dreamt I was pregnant by a guy I had a crush on in High School. Freaky!! Anyway good luck!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 441 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon, kmarie, Sandy Just one thought for you to ponder... any form of nicotine...feeds the addiction... keeps the craves there, and prolongs withdrawal from the nicotine. I had trouble sleeping when I tried to quit with the patch as well Phil. I couldn't use it...but that's just me, many here are very successful using the patch. Read, read, read the posts...past and present...get educated about this addiciton. I smoked over 30+ years...with a Cold-Turkey Quit in the middle that lasted 10 years. I've tried almost everything mentioned on this site except...Laser therapy, and the new auricoltherapy )mentioned in a recent post). Chantix is what I am using now and it is working great. Because of my successful quit...way back when, I know what one drag or one cigarett can do to increase craving and prolong withdrawal. Good luck new members auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $209 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon Great stuff I found wearing patches at night time gave me nightmares Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,991 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �997.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With you all the way. It's a revolving door. You can do it and you will do it. This is my 5th quit and I am determined it will be my last. Why put yourself through this torture when there's no need? Good luck and hang tough! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 426 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't remember how many times I've quit, this will be #5 I think. Just know I've gotta be strong, stronger than before and stop for good. It's so easy to be down for one reason or another and just have one or two. Guess I was just one puff away from a pack and a half a day. So I'm startin over, again!! I know I need to come here everyday and read..read.read It's late, I just smoked my last smoke and soaked the rest and I'm puttin on a patch and goin to bed................Wish my luck all of you, I need it............... :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon, Welcome and congratulations on such determination and drive! You can do this and we can help you every step of the way! Let us help your prepare and get you started. The program, tips and tools can help you continue on this positive journey. Post often! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: