Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

take a deep breath and...

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome woube! I just started Chantix, (day 2) after reading good things about it here. I tried the patch and wellbutrin unsuccessfully, so I am determined to quit this time. Keep thinking about all the time and money and effort it has taken to smoke for all these years (42 years for me, sad to say). Good luck, keep posting and reading. I'll be looking for you! MomMom PS I also have 2 cats!
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just checking in with the 'gang'. Today I downloaded my copy of the wookbook. Been reading old posts and skimming thru the book. I have not set a quit date...but I am determined to quit. I am 51, been smoking since I was 21. Two children in their twenties. I am divorced and am owned by two cats. I work at home. I'm tired of the smell, the annoyance, the cough...the planning my life around where I can smoke. Tonite I am going to read the workbook front to back. And make my plan. I have a friend who is on the Chantrix (sp) she said it worked great but gave her stomach problems bad enough her Doctor took her off it. Only question I have right now is how do I instant message? I click the launch and since I have no 'buddies', it doesn't really do anything. Do I need to IM someone first? I'm sure after I read the book, I will have lots and lots of questions.
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You also might need to disable your internet security so pop-ups will be allowed on your computer. You can prob do this temporarily, at least on my comp it works that way. Not that I'm an expert. I've figured out how to get in and send a message but I haven't received any or actively chatted with anyone yet. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$119,628.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6406 Hours: 2

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and congratulations on your determination to quit! You can do this. Read everything you can, go through the program here and ask as many questions as you need. Also, talk to your doctor. There are many options out there to help you, both over the counter and prescription depending on what you feel will be best for you. Good luck with your quit! Joyce [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
woube - All the intructions posted here to use IM will work unless you use a Macintosh. Then you're out of the loop because it won't work. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$357,863.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9156 Hours: 2

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woube and Freemom: I can't figure it out either. It's a huge computer mystery to me. If I need to disable the security, I have no idea how to go about doing that. So, I guess I'll just have to have my "discussions" this old-fashioned way on the boards, I guess. Keep posting, Woube, and let us know when your quit date will be. Keep reading here and you'll figure out that this is indeed something you can do for yourself. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $984 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, woube! To use the IM, you just need to hit the Launch button, and 'add contacts'. Check who is logged in, and add them. Good luck with the quit! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �573 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woube, Happy to hear your ready to start preparing. Please feel free to ask many questions. We are more than happy to help! For the instant messenger, follow the steps. - Adding Members - 1. Log into the SSC. 2. Launch the SSC Quitting Buddies Instant Messenger. 3. Click �Add New Contact� at the top of the screen. 4. A screen will pop up. Insert the nickname of the Buddy (their nickname is the name that they use in the Support Group) that you want to add to your contact list and click �Add� 5. You can now begin chatting with your Buddy If you have any other technically related questions, contact us via the feedback section. (Just click on the icon feedback at the bottom of any SSC page.) Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: