Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

New here and todays my quit date!!!

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my first quit day also. I wish you luck and myself. I am 51 yrs old and have been smoking 35 yrs. I want to quit so bad but am totally scared too. I have tried numerous times but have failed and in the back of my mind I think its gonna be the same this time also. I am also very afraid of gaining weight, I fight with that on a daily basis also.
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Today is my quit date. I am a 29 yr old mother of two. I have been smoking since I was 17. I am ready to give up this nasty habit. I usually smoke 5 cigarettes a day, but they are all at night. When I put my kids to bed I go off to the garage (we don't smoke inside) to smoke with my husband. I realize I use this time to unwind and socialize with my husband. Being a stay at home mom this is my first real contact with an adult. Ill typically smoke from 8-10pm. I can make it through the day with out a crave but at night its as if a switch gets turned on and I cant help but thinking about going outside to smoke. Im here to regain my life. Not feel that need to smoke. Im tired of the guilt I feel before I go to bed. Hiding that I smoke from my kids and family. Only my husband and friends know I still smoke. Its sad. I want to breathe better, feel more energetic, and feel positive about myself. I tend to ramble, so Ill stop here! Jestock2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! It shouldn't take you long to create a new "unwind" time for yourself. Maybe that old smoke time should be your "soak in the tub" time or something like that. Or talk your husband into a massage for awhile, until you break that habit. Remember to drink lots of water to flush out that nasty nicotine. You will feel alot better once you are not smoking anymore! I cannot believe the difference in the way I feel and look and smell. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jestock, welcome.. I too, am a 29 y/o mother of 2.. I mainly stay home with my kids all day but I work 12 hours a week in the evening.. I smoked around 15 cigs a day sometimes more.. Ive been quit for almost a month onthe patch and I feel so much better.. My kids are young still and won't ever remember I smoked.. Lift that weight off your shoulders, you can do this, I promise!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome jestock2 you are at the right place kiddo...finding information and support to help you stay strong in your quit. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jestock: Don't ever stop rambling -- that's why we're here! Let us help in any way we can. You CAN do this! Keep the faith and welcome to our family of quitters! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Jestock2! Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Nobody needs to smoke. It may take some time to get used to the change in your habits - but you'll get there, in the end. Stick with it! Good luck! Post as often as you need to! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And Good Luck to you, too, Deano!!! Welcome! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,859 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey ramble away.. This place is a rambling association!!! Ramble as much as you like JUST STAY OK? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,852 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard jestock2! This is an awesome site, like a family. The road to quitting can be a rough. Spend lots of time here. Post, post, and post somemore. Use the In. Mess. if you can. Just remember N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Even) Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 333 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2247.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: