Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

9 days and going strong!!!

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all..... Well talk about COLD.....Today was freezing and my cravings were harsh!! Jnine you shouldn't be such a sissy...even though it's cold out you are missing out on the joy you get knowing your dog is so happy doing what they love especially beagles!! I find the fresh air keeps me at ease and I never think about smoking when I'm walking Sadie.....It's like I'm outside for something good NOT just to stand there and smoke looking like an ass!! Anna....Sadie always sticks her nose and face in the snow it's like she's looking for mice under the snow. Sometines she tilts her head and then pounces like a cat....too funny!! Well I hope tomorrow is a better day Keep up the good work all!!! Kristen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$222,602.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5327 Hours: 4

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Jnine.... The weather here is COLD!!!!!! :gasp: I just put on a couple of laywers bundle up and go. I just can't seem to get enough. I have a yellow lab who goes nuts in the snow so I feel good knowing that she is having an awsome time!! I have seen tread mills made for dogs....that might be an easier option for you both!!!! LOL :) Kristen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$222,602.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi all..... Well it's been 9 days now and I am going strong. I have NOT had one smoke and I am proud of myself!!!! I still don't feel any better not a whole lot of hacking in the morning so that's good. I am spending about 1 to 2 hours a day walking my dog at the dog park. It may seem like a lot of time but I LOVE it!!! and I have just found out 2 other people there have quit as well so we talk about it and support each other. I thinki I have lost 5 lbs from walking so much and drinking A LOT of water. Oh my god am I HUNGRY in the mornings!!!! :eg: I never used to eat breakfast in the mornings (it used to be coffee and cigarettes) but now .....look out!! so I try to go easy and have just one bowel...lol.... and instead of "fruit loops" I am opting for rasin bran. Other then that all is well, I still have a few times I would like a smoke but I get over it.....it just takes time. During the first few days I was on the big count of days smoke free but now I find I am not so focused on the days anymore...to me that's a good sign!! I hope everyone else is going strong I pat us all on the back for such a HUGE achievement...... Kristen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 148 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$222,602.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you! You are well on your way. It keeps getting easier! Some days may be better than others but keeping the positive attitude will help! I also lost a few pounds because of drinking water and the new lifestyle. That is great that you are spending time in the park with your dog! I have a black lab who also loves the snow. She likes to stick her nose in it, she is so cute with a snow covered face! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is your quit going? Remember that every day gets better. As long as you keep a good attitude, drink your water, and whatever else you do when craves hit, you should be good to go. My lab's name is Sadie too! She used to be my "smoking buddy" since she would go outside with me to smoke. Now she is my "quitting buddy!" We like our new selves alot better! Be strong. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 412 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $113.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ballzy, Either it is warmer there than here or you like the cold. I hate the cold it's all I can do to go to may car to go to work. Then I shiver after work just thinking about going out to a cold car. I have a Beagle that really needs to be walked but she will have to wait untill spring. I just have to teach her how to use my eliptical. jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok she does get to run a lot. our basement is very big and she loves to go downstairs and run. She will chase the ball and run for an hour. But I just can't make myself go outside. OK I'm a sissy. jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jnine I do not like the cold either, but I do make a point of spending at least an hour outside with my dog every day. Then I spend just as much time with my equine, fresh air is good for the mind and the soul. Spring is just around the corner. Loulou [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/image0044-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,068 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi There Ballzy, You just sound like me. In the beginning of my quit I woke up one day and didn't know what to do with my time. I took my little white fluffy dog and took het to a lake nearby. I just loved the fresh air and the wind on my face. Since that day I am addicted to walking. My dog loves it soooo much too. When I get dressed in the morning she knows we are going out. So, instead of a smoker I'm a walker now. I love walking way way better than smoking. When it's cold outside I love it even more. So be happy with your 9 days Ballzy, it's awesome. Go on like this and you have a better life :) Dutch xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �911.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ballzy, Congratulations on day 9! You mentionned you have holding back on breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day, especially if you're trying to lose weight. You & your metabolism have been sleeping, the first thing you put into your tummy at breakfast, sets the bar for the day. Eating a good breakfast helps jumpstart your metabolism. Moreover, if you do have a big breakfast, you have a whole day to burn it off. Lastly, smart choices at breakfast such as fortified cereals, fiber & protein and these items will help keep you fuller for longer. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: