Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hello All!!!

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to see that so many people are quitting. Its hell, but worth it. My new life has been hard, but thats ok. I feel great. Just found out that a real good friend has heart disease. His heart is ok, its the walls outside his heart that are screwed up. He has smoked for 29 years. He probably wont make it home, he cant walk 50 yards without stopping for a rest. His red blood count is sky high because it is trying to deliver more oxygen to the heart. So, take a lesson from him. Take a deep breath and enjoy it while you can! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 871 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Danielle, I am more pissed off than ever b4. I love that man, he was my mentor all through my school days and into my career. He tought me more about life than my own father did. What a waste of a great person only to be killed by cigaretts. He is only 58. I am praying that his doctors will pull something out of there hat! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Danielle, You have no idea what this feels like! I mean, why is it illegal to use cocane and not tabaco? They both are addicting and they both kill! I dont get it. Why does our governments allow tabaco use if they know it kills just like illicit drugs? This is the point that I am trying to convey to my congressman. Yet they could care less! They except money from the tabaco companys for there political campaign, yet they know that it is wrong. OMG! What hypocrites! They pass laws that forbid smoking in buildings and even now, in cars and in the homes of foster parents. Again, yet they wont face the fact that tobaco kills just like cocane and other street drugs. WHF! Go figure! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 873 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello jaset, Haven't seen you for a while.. or maybe haven't been reading your posts.. anyway, nice to see you again. So sorry about your friend. We learn so much from another's plight and when we think of them it reminds us how very fragile life is and how we have to protect our quit with everything we have. Looks like you are doing very well with your quit.. way to go! Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It really is a shame that smoking has claimed another. It is moments like these that remind us of the freedom our quit has brought. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Jaset, Understandably so! This addiction claims the health of many and it really is a shame especially for those who fall prey to the effects of second hand smoke. Hopefully, you're friend will follow your lead and thus the mentee will now become the mentor. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Jaset, Currently, the FDA has not right to regulate the tobacco industry. There are initiatives taking places all over the world to introduce new legisltation to change this. So keep lobbying. If we all do our part, someday soon maybe will be able to bring Big Tobacco down! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the reminder and I am so sorry to hear about your friend. (((HUGS))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry about your friend. I guess we just about all have reminders of how terriable this crazy addiction is. Brothers. sisters, parents and friends. That is why we all need to quit and stay quit of this nasty habit. I am very proud of you and what you have accomplished. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: