Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Hi im quitting tomorrow!

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too have quit alcohol...been sober for 6 yrs...will be quitting cigs on new years...since i have been smoking longer than i drank,i think it will be harder...but am looking forward to the buddy system..i am 50 yrs old...it gets harder as you get older...so DO IT! We can do it together... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so proud of you... It takes a very strong person to go through what you have. If you ever have doubt that you can't stop smoking those little bitty cigarettes just think back to what you have been through already. Good God man, your making me feel like a cry baby now that I have read your post. You have just inspired me to hang in there. Thank you. Wishing you all the luck in the world Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow I'm so glad i found this site! I had No idea that there would be such supportive people out there! Thanks everyone I really do appreciate it! I will stay in close contact with you all! Keep up the great work guys! You are all amazing! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tried once before and did well for 2 weeks then started again! I have know idea why! Im 26 and smoked very heavily for 12 years! I used to be addicted to amphetimines (speed) Alcohol and Marijuana! YES I HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY I Successfully quit Speed, (That was hard) and havn't slipped in 5 years now! As a result of the drug use i caught Hepatitis C, So in response i was forced to quit Alcohol, (that was really hard) Since i have been through a new treatment for the virus (insanely difficult) and been successfully clear of it for 3 months now! YaY No Hep C For MEE :) Now i can have the odd drink every now and then! During the treatment i Gave up smoking Marijuana, (This was the hardest thing i've had to do to date) And havn't touched the stuff in 6 months now! Now Its time to take down the final DEMON Cigarettes, I'Ve givin up a lot soo far but this has always been there for me through everything! I will beat it this time round! NOW having said all that! Hi Im Guy :p Good to meet you all! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guy - You're a pretty young dude to have such a mature outlook on your problems. I grew up with a gang that did it all (and I mean everything you could think of). Some of us gave some of it up and moved on, some never gave it up and either ended up dead or in jail. I figure that I'm about 20 years older than you and smoking is the last vice for me as well. I've sytematically kicked everyone of my self-destructive habits. I survived them all, so this one should be a piece of cake. Good luck to you, man... Peace. 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$357,973.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 21

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - Skitty, what a background you have for one so young. If anybody understands the power of addictions, it would be you! As a 35-year smoker, it was only once I understood that I was deeply addicted to nicotine that I knew I could quit for good. I couldn't stand the thought of giving even one more day over to the addiction. You've done an incredible job of beating back two serious addictions, so you know what it takes. With your commitment to conquer this last addiction, I know you'll get there. Use this site a lot. Read everything, post messages on good and bad days. Let us know how you're doing, ok? I hope you have a solid plan for how you will deal with the cravings. Please do work the program to the left -- it's very helpful. We're here for you. Go get 'em and keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Skitty, You've come to the right place for understanding, support and knowledge about this addiction. Pull up a chair, read lots of posts, post, read some more. Sometimes the weekends are a little slow here on the boards but there's almost always someone to talk to! Addictive personalities suck, don't they? But you are very young to be so very wise! I only wish I had begun to kick bad habits when I was your age! Kudos to you! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $243.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Skitty, and welcome to the 'hood. If you're feeling down, come here and read old posts. (It really helped me). It must have been a lot of hard work to get off the speed, the pot, and the booze. I guess, just like Keith Richards, the smokes will be the last to go. (He looks so pretty now, doesn't he?) If you did all that, you can do this too. It ain't easy..(you know that), but there's lots who've walked the walk, (and like to talk) ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $717.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guy, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on deciding to quit. When planning to quit it is important to prepare. Our online quit program can help you do that and provide you with a lot of helpful tips. Our forums are also full of advice from the quitters that have come before you. If you have any questions, just ask. We are always here to help. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guy, you have been through a lot in your young life and hopefully you now have an understanding of addiction. They say that nicotine is the most addictive drug, so it's a good thing that you have built up your strength to tackle this. Please do work the quit program workbook over on the left. It will help you immensely. Also stick close by here and read all the posts. Let us know how we can help you! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 746 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,911 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2611 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 102 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$55,255.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 11

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: