Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Last Day Today - Merry Christmas!

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Holidays Everyone! Today is my last day on my 1st week of Chantix therapy...tomorrow I am smoke-free. I don't know if I like this way of quitting...I mean the meds work, but it's been a slow torture for the last week. They told me to continue smoking while I took Chantix, but as the week went on, I dodn't want to smoke...but I still had one once in awhile. It seems like the physical withdrawl has been prolonged this way...I went through a week a preparation and now the first quit week. Just venting a little... Anyway, it's my last day. Wish me luck and Merry Christmas! 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$357,973.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 22

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 2tone :) Merry Christmas to you! You'll have a great new year to look forward to since you'll be smoke free by then. Chantix sounds like a great way to quit. Just follow the instructions and keep in your memory the thoughts of smoking these last few cigarettes and not the positive ones of smokes that you enjoyed in the distant past. Your week of preparation was just that: making plans that will pay off big for you. Now that your plans have been made, and you've gone as far as you can while still smoking, you're finally ready to step away from this nasty habit you've had for so long and onto the path of freedom. I wish you great success with your quit, and look forward to seeing your posts in the future. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,181 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey 2 tone what a great present to give yourself you will find lots of support here you can do this lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �248 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$113,642.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6497 Hours: 18

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of the things that I see, when successful quitters come back and share with us, is that the majority planned their quit. They armed themselves with information and then they worked their plan. It works. And you sound like you have a good plan. If you remember NOPE = Not One Puff Ever, you will make it through. Your determination to quit must be stronger than your desire to smoke, still, even with medication. And do remember that when you were smoking, all you wanted was to quit. Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/rooster3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations 2tone...I think you are giving yourself a fantastic Christmas present. Remember that quitting is just choosing to not smoke. Don't look too far ahead and don't let the junky come in and get you thinking about your past smoking. Hang tough...be good to yourself...don't forget rewards.....when in need or in doubt, come here....rant, rave, ask for help...whatever it takes....smoking is no longer an option. You have made the decision and you are going to stay committed to it. Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1816 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72,655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10351.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 236 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$159,099.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5347 Hours: 22

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone, You will do great! Continue on this path and work with your doctor and pharmacist to guide you :) Always have those coping mechanisms by your side! Happy Holidays! Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: