Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

TONY HERE FROM WARRINGTON,UK

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck to you fella. Don't crack. show the rest of the world what us Northern lads are made of. I myself am considering going into hiding before the weekend. GOOD LUCK. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, I just wanna say I aint quit yet-Tuesday next is my day as I`m on Zyban. I really gotta stop!! I feel myself slowly deteriorating and I`m only 41 and became a grandad(Nov 6th). I live in Warrington in the North of England and I am a lorry driver. I`ve been reading posts on here and you lot are so determined to quit and what I see most of all, helping others to quit. Thats what I need. Major Help!!! Ok, I gotta go as I1m up early inthe morning but I will be back to see how you all are doing. Keep Up the Good Work. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Its a Big Rig as you say!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thankyou to everyone for the Welcome. Yes I have to do it-for myself more than anyone really. Apart from the cash I will save, I have been to more funerals of young friends recently and I dont want the feinds that are left, to go to mine. I wanna be the last of us all. My friend Aiden, aged 37, died in his sleep on the 23rd of Oct.The funeral was Monday this week. It was so sad. My best school friend, Mark, died of cancer, although he never smoked a single cigarette in his life-age 41 and tommorow we lay him to rest. In between these two sad events, my mum was 60 and I became a Grandad. It`s amazing how this world works but it never stops spinning. The nearer I get to my quit date, the happier I seem to be. I hope tommorow stays dry for my friend and his family and I will be back on over the weekend. I mean, life can`t get any worse. Can it? Tony. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
DAY 5 Yesterday (Day 4) was so tough-there was so many times I nearly gave in. Times when I thought I had to have a cig or I would die. Amazing horrible feelings that no Zyban could stop. It was self talk that got me thro`-constantly saying "No, you dont need one-its the demon-lying to you-go away" and I did it. I`m so proud that I got thro` as I nearly did crack. I`m off to work now and I`ve took Nicodemons Lies with me which I found on here by Jacko who has lots of very interesting threads on here. Have a look for them. Day 5-wish me luck!!! Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Day 6 over... Every Sunday night is my night out...today I was ****tin myself due to the fact I may fail with all the beer and cigs around all night. I SAILD THRO` THE NIGHT DICTATING TO ALL THE SMOKERS. It was funny but I`m glad I was`nt on the end of my abuse or I would have flipped. I`m so proud of myself and I thank you all for being here for me. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
No problems and life goes on. One week over and I`m am gonna do this-I just know it....This quit is different. Keep on Posting Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Its 09-33am on day one and I completed my 1st test by not smoking in the car on the way back from the school run-good start. Off to work now-on 10-6 today so back on later. Feel good!!!! Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Hi All Had a problem in the site would`nt let me post. Its been so frustrating being here, seeing the posts and not being able to answer you all. Well, all is fine and Days 1 and 2 went well and now its a big test on day 3 as its Pool night so I`ll be having a few pints. Wish Me Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
a [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: