Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

~ Beginning my journey ~

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dee Dee - Welcome! I'm new at this post too, and most will probably hear to much from me as well. But that's what this is all about, to lend support. Keep those posts coming and let us know how you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone. I sat here this morning, browsing the various web sites on smoking, see what all is "out there" in the way of support. I must say that I am totally impressed with what I have found here. Everything is so well organized, the discussions seem genuine and "real" and the information is pretty fantastic in itself. I'm having a bit of a medical crisis right now - I won't bother to bore you with the details - but I have reached a place where I know that its time. Time to buckle down and make this happen. I am meeting with my physician on Friday to discuss any help he can offer through NRT and I intend to stop smoking Monday, 9/18/06. Wish me luck. Oh, and fiar warning - you may see more of me than you want to by the time this journey is completed! LOL
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dee Dee - I was just checking to see how you are doing...good I hope! Today started early and ended well...one day closer to freedom. Hey Jan - if you see this message, I am hanging in there! Today was good and I'm going to bed a non-smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dee Dee Well...it wasn't too hard to find your post. I am on Day 3 and I am using the patch. (Believe it or not I score low on the physical addiction side but I knew that I couldn't deal with the physical withdrawal and the habit withdrawal at the same time) I haven't tried to quit for 17 years (I'm 42) because the first and only time was so hard that I never wanted to try again...but cigarettes are controlling my life and ruining my health. I am so sick and tired of smoking and yet I seem to be spending most of my time thinking about them) Crazy eh? I quit last week for 4 days and out of the four had one amazing day. This has helped motivate me to try again. Day 1 and Day 2 weren't too bad....but for some reason Day 3 is giving me a problem. I think that I really need to plan more into my evenings because I have a hard sitting at home and relaxing. I went to the gym this morning instead of the evening so perhaps that is part of the problem. The gym seems to give me a boost at the end of the day and seems to delay the craving to smoke. (Amazing - because I HATED going to the gym at the end of the day before because it cut into my smoking time) Anyway..I'm sure this is starting to bore you. I guess today, I will just focus on getting through till tomorrow and hopefully day 4 will be easier. Boy - I wish there was a much easier way to get through this! Hope all goes well with your doctor's appt and look forward to talking to you soon. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dee Dee, welcome, just a little line to let u know will lend an ear if needed. Best of luck. AL
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DeeDee You have our attention!
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/welcome5.gif[/IMG] Hi Dee Dee Beleive in yourself, beleive that you CAN do this. Am looking forward to see your quit progress. One day at a time. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, DeeDee! Don't worry about coming here too often. Most of us hung on to the site for dear life in the early days, and oh! how great it was and continues to be to get through the process with a fellow travelers! So, stop by, kick, scream, whine, cry, laugh and smile as often as you need to. We all have been there, done it, and lived to tell the tale. All the best to you, Windy and Ness on your new quits! Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$43,113.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 753 Hours: 22

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DeeDee no luck needed just determination. You can do it one day at a time, we'll be here for you :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DeeDee- Looking forward to your joining us! Windy, how is today going?

Reading this thread: