Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Did hell freeze over!!

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jules i enjoyed reading your story it does help to read these, this is my third day and i am using patches and im finding it hard and you have done it cold turkey i just hope i can keep it up. i have been trying to get the quit meter but cat get it not to good with computer new to me.regars to all cathyb
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cybrduke, That is brilliant...absolutely love it and so will my bestfriend, have printed it out and it is on my noticeboard at work...gives me a smile and that daily affirmation.....!! Thanks for taking the time to do that. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
At last, have been able to do another post, have been having trouble with computer. Thankyou for your replies, you people are awesome ;) (I love the rose, breaking free...that is beautiful). Another day, and the gap from the day's of smoking gets wider - love it. Hope you are all doing well :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Marie & Janet, Our quit day's are just about the same...! wouldn't it be nice to get together tonight and celebrate, but... when I finish work I will go home and have a drink for us...cheers :p I had a read of the 'hall of fame' today, wow!! those stories are fantastic to read - truly inspiring. Love this site. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,544 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hi, This was the question that my best friend asked me when I told her I had quit! I was always the one who would never give up, never wanted to, never had any intention of quitting, why should I?, I enjoy it! But, in June, I turned 44 and realised that I had been smoking for 30 years, I really felt that I was now playing russian roulette with my life. The cost of smoking had also been getting me down, a packet of 50 now costing $17. There were days when I barely had enough money for food, but....I always had a nice full packet of ciggies on hand. 3 days after my birthday, I smoked my last cigarette. It has been nearly 8 weeks now, (cold turkey) I have suprised myself, and my best friend!! It is the most fantastic feeling to be in control of my life and my finances, instead of my life and finances being controlled by a packet of ciggies. It has been hard, I won't deny that, I did apologise to my kids - in advance - of them having to live with a mother that may suddenly, without any warning, become more like linda blair from 'the excorcist'. But, they have lived through this with me, and my daughter is so proud, she say's it's nice to be near me, because I don't 'stink' anymore...! I won't smoke again, I know that. There is no way I could handle the sheer look of disappointment on her face if I did. I want her to stay proud of her Mum. Because of the financial freedom that quitting has given me, I can now go to see my family in UK, a return trip airfare (from oz) and spending money. (every year if I want too). That has become my goal. I have read other posting's on this site, and you are all an inspiration to me. I hope I can be an inspiration to just one other person, if you are thinking about quitting.....just 'do it' - do not let something that has no IQ control your life...YOU be in control!! All the very best to you all, Jules :) PS: Yes, hell did freeze over ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,402 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $510 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great story Jules, thanks for sharing. You are inspirational! E [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jules my friend! Eight weeks my friend. Lets count the days 1,2, 3,4,5 6,7,8, 9 ..... So wonderful you are. Keep doing what you are doing. Your are at the controls and it shows.
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL greta story... congratulations [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lol Jules, what an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it with us. How amazing are you 8 weeks woo hoo :) :gasp: [i]Hell froze over![/i] lol PrincessC :) x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 551 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I guess hell did freeze over....lol. Way to go Jules, what a great accomplishment. Cherish those great feelings you are having...you deserve to feel this wonderful you have done the best thing possible for you life and your families lives. Take care and keep up the great quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 466 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: