Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

givin time....

17 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank-you Casey and MistyMoon and PrincessC. This is day 2 for me and almost 3 hours left of it. Been real tough, but very doable. I have been drinking a lot of water and walking. I walked sooo much yesterday, that all I could do was put my feet up when I got home, ended up sleeping on the recliner which isn't my usual thing. I have been busy as all heck too and that sure helps with the distraction of smoking. I was going to start gum chewing but decided not to as I never was a gum chewer, so I suck on ice cubes instead and have been brushing my teeth more often, actually probably too much....LOL. All in all I seem to be doing o.k. until the teens in my house decide to get under my skin and then I crave big time but usually find something to do instead of having a full blown argument with them. Hope everyone else is doing fine???? had enough :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Thanks HealerWithin and PrincessC. I've begun this glove compartment thing and I have one complaint...........how do I change my car to a black truck??? LOL...... I'm off to bed, hope to be back on tomorrow. had enough :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I've been givin a second chance at life and that is my wake-up call. So here I am to get rid of my last demon, the dreaded cigarette. I officially quit at midnight. I always knew some day I would quit for good but I always came up with excuse after excuse but now my thinking has changed and I realize life is too short to shorten it even more by smoking. I gave up drinking cold turkey and had the worst week of my life with withdrawls from alcohol. Everything from not being able to eat, vomitting, night sweats, morning sweats and shakes etc. and now I can't even smell liquor or I feel like I'm going to be sick. I have hurt myself and family and friends over my drinking and know that if I can quit drinking, surely I can quit smoking too. I recently went through something I don't wish on my worst enemy and for me, that was my wake-up call to quit smoking. Looking forward to the day that I can say I did it for a whole year and I'm never going back. thanks had enough
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) Welcome, had enough. This is a very good place to be. I was craving a smoke so bad today...I thought I had got past the worse and I was surprised to want one. I had a pretty stressful friday at work but I kept thinking about all the support here and I didn't smoke. You can do it! Dee [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hahaha :) Sleep well. Stay strong and remember we are all here to help you through this. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Had enough, Big big hugs. What a wonderful acheivement in coming as far as you already have. You must be so proud of yourself for making the changes in your life that you have. Well done. We will all be here to help you get through. You can do it :) :) Celeste [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome had enough. This is a great place to be. Stay strong and don't give in no matter what. Hugs, Auntie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome had enough, one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Had Enough and welcome to the SSC! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,129 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 1

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: