Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

30 day hump!! HELP

17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I have smoked for the past 20 years. I have never quit for more than a week. This is day 30 for me and I still want a smoke (not all the time). What is wrong?? Why can I just not think about lighting up?? Does this ever go away?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Oodlechick, I think today is day 40 for me. Guess what the first thought in my brain was this morning when I opened my eyes? My first thoughts were about smoking, about my recovery process ... it is downright tiring to be so consumed with all this. Are you thinking about getting a cigarette and lighting it up and inhaling the smoke? Is that what you are wanting to do? If so ... please stop thinking you are missing something by not smoking. You aren't. Cigarettes are nothing but a pack of lies. Literally! They offer you absolutely nothing! Start looking at putting the smoke down as a gift to yourself, because that is exactly what it is. OR... Are you just thinking about the subject of smoking? If this is the case, realize that you are probably going to be thinking about it for awhile ... you are recovering from a drug that you used over and over and over again for many years. You do not have to WANT the drug though. But you do have to put nonsmoking memories on top of smoking memories so that one day you DO NOT think about the subject of smoking all the time. If this ^^^ is how you are feeling ... I understand and you are not alone. I get tired of thinking about it as well. I find it very irritating. I wish it could just be over and I could just get on with my life .... but I have to take deep breathes and step back and realize Rome was not built in a day. We can build Rome though ... together ... one day at a time. Thinkin' of you oodlechick ... hope you are doing better. You are a May Quitter ... you rock ... don't forget that! (((((hugs)))))) ~Breaking Free~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$54,548.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 4

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/thturnermin.gif[/IMG] WTG OodleChick - Happy 30 days of NO SMOKING!! Your cravings will lessen, it takes TIME. Just concentrate on getting through one day at a time, that way is does not seem so daunting.... no smokes just for today. Tomorrow, same thing. You're doing great. Time for a big reward! CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,504 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SMOKING IS EVIL, I think that with me, the habit of lighting up was a natural reaction(I was lighting up about 40times a day). YOu are stronger than the urge, remember to breath, chew gum (I have been buying "dum dum"suckers, they really help with that hand to mouth reaction) SMile and be proud of your self!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oodle, Congrats on one month! Know that this is normal and you need not dwell on it. Throw it to the curb and reward yourself for a job well done. Keep yourself occupied and distracted and they will fade :) Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: