Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Need support I'm scared

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo fellow quitters, I've got two young children and I've smoked of and on again ( mainly on ) for 28 years. I have a smokers hack and I really really need to quit. I'm on day two but I'm scared. I used to try and quit every few months about 10 years ago. My last attemp was about four years ago. I've been too afraid to try and fail again. Would appreciate any help or tips you ahve ot offer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$20,319.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 406 Hours: 1

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You need to give yourself a little more credit. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! You are raising 2 beautiful children to be strong, confident adults. Now that's what you should be afraid of failing at. Quiting this nasty smoking is nothing compared to the challenges you face as a parent. BE STRONG!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$15,158.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 372 Hours: 8

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mustquit & Welcome! Don't let past attempts at trying to quit make you think of yourself as a failure. You aren't. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/pic08526.jpg[/IMG] And the being scared part is normal. Everyone here felt it. You are not alone. Try to remember this: [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/tomorrow.jpg[/IMG] It is a good little saying. Prepare yourself with the 'Quit Program' Tools to the left of your screen ... and then take that leap of faith into the unknown. You can do it and you'll be happy you did. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Breaking20Free20CR20LifeLine20Cover.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$54,549.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 7

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome mustquit! I have found this group EXTREMELY helpful just reading the posts and knowing that we are all on the road to health and a smoke free body! And like Lady said, don't worry about the future. Five minutes smoke free; one minute smoke free; THIS minute smoke free. You are NOW smoke free! That is WONDERFUL! And something that helps me keep from taking that drag is I discovered that my hair though washed yesterday smells like of all things - shampoo! Wow! When times get rough and the cravings kick in I like Lady and others, drink water, take really big breaths,.... and smell my hair! Congratulations on making the decision to end this nasty addiction we have! You always have lots of support here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One minute, hour, day, week at a time. You can do this. If I can then anyone can! We are here for you when you need us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mustquit and welcome, You have received some great advice here... Stay close read as much as possible and post often. It's a hell of a journey, with so many twists and turns, but with help, focus and determination, it's doable. We are all doing it together. So hold on tight, build up your toolbox of coping skills and proactive behaviors when the tough times come (and they will!) and ask for help when you need us. Blessings and Love- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello mustquit, Welcome to our family at SSC, we are so happy that you choose this site. You will find lots of encouragement and support. Congratulations on your decision to live longer. You are doing yourself an your family a great favor. As many others have said this journey can take you on a wild trip and sometimes it feels like you are on a roller coaster. Because you will have your ups and downs. Being prepared is the most important thing you can do. You have to be determined to do this quit. Write down the reasons you are quitting. I suggest that you carry them with you and also post them on the ref. Tell your family an friends that you have quit. I'm sure you will get support from there also. Stay strong and really fight for your quit, don't for one minute let your guard down. Build that guard really high. SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,322 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $476 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$230,131.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 8

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mustquit, a big warm welcome but don't be scared, be determined and resillient because there is nothing to be scared about really. Use the program tools here and make sure you are 100% committed to resisting all temptation. Make sure that you have nothing to do with smoking hanging around including ashtrays and lighters. When the cravings start drink plenty of cold water, have sugar free mints/gum/candy to hand and take long deep breaths. Keep your mind occuppied, find something to do perhaps go for a walk, clean the house, wash the car, tend the garden - anything. And finally reward yourself at each milestone for your successes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 103 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look down the road 5 years from now , must. What do U see? Do U see a sickly woman.........one whose body is 10 or 15 years older than her age because she has been slowly poisoning herself? Is she coughing and hacking up junk, not even able to take a deep breath? Is her skin gray and wrinkled prematurely? Does she have to stop half way up a flight of stairs to catch her breath? Are her teeth slowly rotting away and does she always smell like an old ash tray? Or do you see the well kempt lady, in the park with her grand children..............fun, happy, energetic Grandma playing and laughing...............give them the best gift you can ever give them...........a healthy, happy Mom.............it IS your choice and you can do it! I did.............after 36 years I woke up and stopped being selfish and afraid...........have faith in yourself............you are better than, stronger than and much more important than this terrible demon. Cheers, Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $564 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mustquit! Welcome to our little quit family. You have come to the right place for support. Take some deep breaths here. Really deep. Breathe in hold it and out. Repeat several times. This really helps. Don't think of your quit in terms of forever. That is just too much for you to be able to handle on day two. Think of it in terms of five minutes. That's right - we can all do just about anything for five minutes at a time. So for the next five minutes you don't smoke. Do what ever it takes to get through that five minutes and when you are done with that you begin the next five minutes. One step at a time. Each step gives you confidence to take the next step. Each situation you get through without smoking makes you that much stronger for the next. Congratulations on your decision to take back your life from a horrible addiction. You will not regret it. I promise. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 326 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,532 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1141 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: