Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hell Week!

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your Quit! Remember to breathe and keep in mind the pains of hell week. You don't want to have to go through the withdrawals of nicotine again, now that it's out of your system. Most of all, believe in yourself, and your quit and be proud of those days you have under your belt. Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $443.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$215,787.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7819 Hours: 18

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aztec, Congrats on your quit. You've come this far -- don't stop now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 7

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week is almost over!! Yipppeeee!! My husband, who smokes, is on his way back home. He hasn't been around this week so I was able to quit in peace. Now I'm worried that there will be cigarettes in the house!! He agreed to smoke in the garage or outside...but still!! I'm worried!
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aztec, My husband also continued to smoke when I quit. He only smokes in his workshop or outside and really trys to keep himself cleaned up for me....brushes his teeth and washes his face every couple of hours to keep the smokey smell down. It sounds like your husband is going to respect your quit and be supportive so don't be afraid to set some ground rules and let him know what you need from him. Keeping the smoke in the garage or outside is just the beginning. He needs to keep his cigs out of your sight, even if that means him finding a hiding spot to stash them from you. He will also have some adjustments to make, much the same as you have. For me and my husband, there were certain times of the day that the smoke time was "our" time, just a few minutes to sit together and chat, catch up, check each others plans for the day, etc. We both had to work at doing these types of things without the cigarette. You and your husband will find a way to work through and succeed. One thing I was impressed with....I walked in to my husbands shop yesterday and was going to sit down and talk to him while he was cleaning, but, when I headed for the chair, he quickly cut me off...there was a lit ciggy over there and he told me I had to leave...he didn't think I needed to be that close. I left and when he was done he came to the "common" area and announced that he would be quitting soon too, he's thinking about it seriously, just not quite ready to set the date yet. I really hope he follows through with this but only time will tell. I hope your husband cares for and protects your quit for you just as mine did for me yesterday. Don't give up that HELL week for anything, it really does get better after this! Keep on quitting.... Sheila ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aztec, This great progress! Use your coping mechanisms for the first little while and you will fair well. you can do this and we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: