Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Day 8 and going Insain!!

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I JUST MADE TODAY MY STARTING DAY TO QUIT SMOKEING YAY! WELL THIS IS MY LIFE... I WORK ON THE FIELD.. WHAT I MEEN I WORK ON THE FIELD IS.. I DRIVE MOST OF THE DAY FIXING FAX AND COPIERS.. AND DURING MY DRIVE TIME TO A JOB I WILL LIGHT UP A FEW HERE AND THERE.. AND WHEN I GO TO THE OFFICE AND I REALLY DONT HAVE WORK TO DO AND ALOT OF DOWN TIME, LIKE NOW... I WILL SMOKE A FEW MORE.. I REALLY SMOKE ABOT 15 - 20 A DAY DEPENDING ON WHAT MOOD I AM IN AND WHAT I DO WHEN I GET HOME... LIKE GOING ON THE COMPUTER AND SO FORTH... PLEASE I WILL TAKE AN HELP THAT I CAN GET... I AM USEING THE NIC GUM... AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORK SO FAR TODAY... THANKS EVERYONE FOR EVERBODYS COMMENTS ON THE WEBSITE... HOPE THIS IS THE TIME I QUITE... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I smoked for 20 years and 8 days ago I decided to go cold turkey and stop smoking. The first 3 days about killed me or so it seemed. Since then it seems to be getting easier but today is a hard day for me. Not enough to do maybe. I need some idea's on what to do on these days when Im not at work and don't have alot to do. I have a 18 month old little girl thats napping so im stuck in the house for now. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Lady, Sunshine and Healer Thanks so much. I can't thank each of you enough for your kind words. As I sit here with the tears flowing and my hubby snoring ( who doesn't have a clue but tries to understand). Im going to bed for the night to turn off my brain. Thanks again for everything. Alley
I have spent most of my day sitting here reading alot of your stories and its a wonderfull thing to know im not alone. I just can't pull myself together today. My answer isn't going to be to smoke but I sure didn't know It was going to be such an emotional roller coaster for me. The angry outburst. The uncontrolable crying ect. is really trying my patients. Im just glad I found this site and all of you here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AlleyAnn, I'm finding it helpful to keep my hands busy & my mind occupied when I'm home. Some ideas: *Give yourself a manicure/pedicure *Play solitaire *Do some cleaning, folding, ironing, etc. *Keep writing & reading posts here *Arts & Crafts (decoupage is great!) *Peel & eat an apple, orange, gratefruit (the peeling part can help) *Doodle on a pad of paper *Do a crossword puzzle *Make your own crossword puzzle or wordsearch *Research something fun on the internet (fantasy trips, a town where you use to live, biographies, etc.) Hope at least one of these ideas helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AlleyAnn - My Quit is also cold turkey... and yes, there are definitely some challenging days and nights now and ahead of you. And they are doeable -one moment at a time. I find that cleaning, I mean cleaning, really hyperfocus cleaning can really take me away. Painting a wall, take one of your passions and do a search online, plant some beautiful flowers, do some gardening - get those hands really dirty. Anything you can really get into deeply. Use your imagination - look around - what needs to be cleaned, windows? dishes? floors? cabinets? the bath tub? the grout around the tub? and so it goes... There really is so much to do - look around and just get into whatever calls you in that moment. Take it one moment at a time, dear one - that helps so much and it makes each moment handleable. And please also watch your words closely, AlleyAnn - our words are so very powerful. The first 3 days were tough challenging really tough :) hard to cope with and so it goes... they did not "about kill you". Hang on tight, protect your Quit with everything you have, be kind and gentle w/yourself, and know you aren't alone. Special blessings- Healer :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Hi AlleyAnn - Yes, the anger is part of the journey (it sure has been and is for me)... Lots of emotions come up - honour them, each one of them, and ride them like a big wave. Your journey will guide you as the ocean guides a wave. Just hang on tight. Sleeping is good (alot of us sleep/slept ALOT) - my body, mind and spirit still call for more sleep some of the time. Just crawl under the covers and hold yourself tight, dear one. I spent alot of time in bed my first couple of weeks. I would make my bed with soft, soft sheets so they felt SOOOO good - and I would grab Rhoda, my Rhodesian Ridgeback and hold onto her and slept, slept, slept. I cried to her, I talked to her, I cuddled with her and I thanked her... Just Be, dear one. Be where you are. Be gentle w/yourself, AlleyAnn - each tear is healing. As someone said to me about Quit crying - LET IT RAIN!!! You are healing, your body and spirit are healing. Allow and honour your process, each step of your Quit process. Blessings- Healer :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Dear Alley - Sleep with the ::angels:: Tomorrow will be a new day, and we will be here for you. Congratulations - you made it through the day today:) Blessings, dear one- Healer xox [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 133 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AlleyAnn, I'm also on day 8 and have smoked for 26 years. I must say it has been a really hard day for me as well. All I found that really helps is reading the postings, laying in bed playing gamecube with my son and I have a couple Email buddies I Email ever hour when things get real bad when none of my IM buddies are on and that has helped. Sorry my list is not longer. It has been raining here for over a week, so I'm like you and tired of being in the house. HANG IN THERE! and post! ~Shelly~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi AlleyAnn. Have you tried crocheting/knitting? I learned how to crochet when I first stopped smoking. It helped keep my hands busy. Trust me, it does get better!! Keep stong and stay focused. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$204,430.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 3

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: