Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

This is my first day of freedom.

18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am trying to figure this thing out, today is my first day to quit, however, need fan support
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nuka, and wife it is so amazing to come to this site and see all the new people. It makes me so happy that you have someone to go through this with you. It's great to have support and you will find lots of that on this site. WELCOME AND I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT POST. :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$230,126.06

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 2

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well March 3rd has rolled around and that is my target date. It is actually only 2:30 am right now so I will sleep and when I get up the reality will truely set in. My spouse and I set this date three weeks ago. Odly enough we have become eager in the last week for this day to come. I am quitting cold turkey and she is using Zyban. We actually stopped smoking 7 years ago and remained smoke free for six years but when I was facing some serious health issues we slipped back into our old habbit. The first time we stopped we actually found it quite easy and while we are prepared for some difficulties along the way this time we are hoping it will be fairly smooth. Either way there are no ifs ands or buts...... WE ARE FINISHED. I have been following this site for the last three weeks in preparation for today. I am happy there is such a strong sense of support available. It will be great fun to watch my progress on the meter and that of so many others who are walking down the same road. So as I celebrate my freedom, I would like to thank you all in advance for being there and caring so much about the success and indeed difficulties of others. Hip hip hurray!!!!! I've thrown the cigarettes away !!!!! Yours in the journey, Nuka [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nuka welcome to both of you. You will find lots of support here. I have found it to be helpful if I read some of the older posts as well as what is going on now. You can do it this time and we are here to help. Stay strong and support each other. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome nuka it sounds like this will be a solid quit for the both of you good luck and stay close to this site it really helps Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Nuka..........glad to have you and your wife aboard. These folks are wonderful - just read and post and they'll help you thru the rough spots. Congrats on your decisions to quit!! Glad to have you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $499.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Nuka, welcome to you and your little Nukette. The 2 of you sound like you are quite prepared for this. Remember to keep busy, busy, busy. That is what kept me strong during the first week. Have you used the tools on this site yet? They really are helpful. Keep close, post often. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/w00t.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,472 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $506.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Nuka and congratulations on your decision to quit. It sounds like you've done this before and have prepared for it this time. If you quit for 6 years than you can tell me more about the freedom than I can tell you. Just remember to take it one step at a time and always remember NOPE. Not One Puff Ever! As long as you do that, you will be just fine. Welcome to our quit family. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,906 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $857.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC, this is a great place for support. Read and post all you can it really helps. Take care of yourself its a rough road but one tha is so worth while!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2370 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Nuka and wife! Congratulations for taking control of your life and coming to the best place to do it. We have a couple of wife and husband teams here, so we know that it can be done in tandem. Just make sure at the same time that you own your own quit, so that there's no competition or hurt feelings if one has a slip. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 445 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1557.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$55,255.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 11

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: