Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Bad Night:

18 years ago 0 103 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear that your inner strength and resolve helped to get U through this, Jack. I am sure that these cravings are bound to hit us from time to time for, Maybe, always. Like Lady, I went for my ciggies the other day, automatically, when I went to get lunch started.......just walked into the kitchen and opened the drawer and was digging under the aprons and potholders where I used to hide them! LOL Sorry, Pat, U quit, remember!! I have had to chew gum only once in these last 2 months but, it is a good thing to have around if and when the cravings seem TOO much. AND..........coming online and reading and posting is probably the single most powerful drug I have used over these 2 months to help me stay quit! Thanks to everyone here involved friends and professionals alike for your words of encouragement and threats of bodily harm!!! U GOTTA LAUGH!!! 114 days.............hang tough, Jack! Cheers, Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After 114 days I thought it was over,but no. I just am going through one of the worst day that I have had. There has been a few things that have made it hard for me not to smoke but have made it past them. After using the patch for about one week I found that I could not use them no more. I had a rash and a welt everywhere that there was one applied. So it was cold turkey after that. As I went on it got easier for a long time. Tonight was no different from any other night or day but all of a sudden my thoughts were for a CIG. Why? I don't know. Well the urge is gone now. It did help to sit here and write about what was going on. Thank You for being here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $592.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jack. The thoughts of smoking do come and go. Try to figure out what triggered this crave for you so that you can be aware of it the next time. A couple of months ago I was actually looking for my cigarettes on the counter and I had been quit over 6 months. Our addict brains associate certain things we do with smoking. That is why they say it takes a whole year to fully quit smoking. Something to do with going through all the seasons. Each and every day we must renew our choice not to smoke. It is all about choice. Keep choosing not to smoke and remember N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever! As long as you do that, you will be fine. All cravings and thoughts pass. Congratulations on 114 days! That is an awesome accomplishment. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 243 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jack, Keep Strong and use your coping mechanisms to help you through! 114 Days is amazing :) Your doing a great job and the craves will get less and less. Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: