Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Day 9 - I don't know about this

18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H, Sorry you are having a bad day...A walk sounds like a good plan for sure...I wish I had some great wisdom or experience to share with you but I really don't...I am getting thru this one minute at a time mostly... I hope the fresh air clears your head and gives you some new hope for a better day...Doesn't it feel good to actually breathe again and start to smell things? That is pretty exciting for me... Keep up the good work! ((((((((((((((HUGS FOR H))))))))))))))))))))) Amy :)
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have written you 2 posts and lost them both somehow. This laptop can get me going !! I'm sorry you had a bad start today.. but this too will pass be assured. When I get ansy and find myself feeling an attack of the cravies (crazies).. I try to get busy right away. That has worked for me so far. Maybe planning a roadtrip to somewhere you've really wanted to go.. planning a garden or flower box.. or building something like a bird feeder. Maybe you need to go spend some of that money you've saved.. new shoes ?? New purse or wallet ?? You have made it 8 days and should be proud !!! Breath .. get busy.. you are almost to day 10 !!! Yea !!! Hang Tuff ! Chris :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm having a pretty hard time today. I have already had 3 cups of coffee. I'm really edgy and feel like crying. I keep telling myself that I won't give in to this craving or whatever it is. I am now going for a walk around the block to clear my head. I wish I could have a nap and sleep for hours then I would not be thinking about smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Guy's, that walk did help me. I stopped at the library accross the street and took out a book I have been wanting to read. I also made plans with a friend to meet for lunch. I will make it. I know I will. I just hope that Friday won't be too hard. You see I don't work fridays and the kids are at school and hubby is at work. I use to smoke the most (outside) on Fridays. Last week the kids were home on a PD day so I found it easier not to smoke. Wish me luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you H. You had a bad spell and got through it. Keep that in mind next time it happens.You now KNOW you can do it! Maybe you can make plans for Friday with someone to be out of the house most of the day. Keep Strong, you're doing wonderfully! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/wave.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 924 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto for me too on what newbkr and 3galeh! said. I gave up my fav. coffee for the first 3 weeks. I knew I would associate it to strongly with the ciggies. Walking is a great way to go. Sleeping is also something I have heard others on this site say is helpful during the really hard times. Having a nap is also a nice reward for all your hard work. Keep it up H, you're doing great! 8 Days! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/Cool_653.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 922 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi H, I was just about to tell you the same thing newbkr said, they do say to cut back on the caffeine. Going for a wak is a good idea, you need to distract yorself from the smoking. Pamper yourself today if you can, put on some jammies and listen to some nice music, watch a good movie, or take a long hot bath or do it all!! Just remember to take care of YOU. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2197.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning H- Nicotine interacts with caffeine in some way that I've read about (but can't remember details). I do remember that when you stop using nicotine, your body doesn't metabolize caffeine as quickly, so it's recommended that you cut way back on caffeine when you first quit. If you use the amount you're used to, it can make you wired, jittery, etc. Just throwing that thought out there.... :)
  • Quit Meter

$204,426.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5899 Hours: 20

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
H, This is normal :) Taking a walk to distract yourself is an excellent coping mechanism, so keep it up. Do what it takes to keep quit :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: