Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

If I do it now what?s it gonna do?

12 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good post Stickin!
It's hard for me to believe I've saved $35,760.00 in just under 5 years.  I tease about where the money went, but really, here are a few things I've done with my savings:
  • treated myself to almost anything I've wanted within my budget 
  • supported myself (on mostly minimum wage jobs)
  • went back to university and graduated with honours
  • taken trips including: Mexico, Seattle, Portland, Myrtle Beach, Hawaii, Ontario, Grand Canyon and travelled extensively around my home province of British Columbia
  • attended music festivals, concerts, dances and listened to all the bands without missing a single song!
  • moved to a beautiful place that I thought I'd never be able to afford to live in
  • bought myself a vehicle, insure it, license it, put gas in it and maintain it
  • enjoyed thoroughly the time I've spent on the road, in airports, train stations and buses whenever I've traveled
  • stopped worrying about where the money will come from for my next nicotine fix
  • started thinking about my next big adventure!!!!
  • LOVED being free to go and do what I want without consulting a package of cigarettes to see if I could do it :)

How I love my freedom!

• Quit Meter

$121,363.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 17

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post sticking to it! Thank you for bringing to our attention the financial impact smoking can have! In this day and age that extra money can go a really long way!

Members,what other benefits has quitting smoking brought to you?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

$11.90 in New York, the highest on average paid for a pack on smoke, Washington state $9.90, $4.75 in North Virginia, and the median across the US $6.00. If you don’t dismiss these number, coupled with other benefits to not smoke, it may just be the straw that’s gonna break the camel’s back. Or, if you quit it could very well bring with it short and long duration rewards.

At the low end cost per month for a single packer is $143.5; median $180, and the high end $357.  Try the numbers on a year and what if you are or were a two packer.  How much is that?  Could you use this money for something else?  Bet you could go take a decent vacation somewhere, pay a quarter or more of the monthly cost of a new car.  If you rent your living space, a nicer place could be had or if buying, paying down the mortgage early.  So what would you or have you saved?  And what could you or have done with the saving?

Reading this thread: