Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Chantix/champix users

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juju your welcome.. you are doing fantastic. The day I started my Quit program is the day we got the news my mother in law has lung cancer. I thought.. ok I have started the Chantix... and it's now or never.. there is NEVER a perfect time to Quit and we can always find an excuse. Soo my inspiration for my quit ... my grandchildren and I dedicated this quit to my mother in law. I am started back on one a day .. yesterday. so far so good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bj meant: great(as usual) input :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
bj yes these triggers make things even harder on us all.as usual,in tryin to make you feel better..you gave me peace. Sometimes depression and stress just pop up and spoil everything. Thank you for your (as usual)input. And thank you as well sylvie Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
JuJu It may have been the situation I was going through that I was having more anxiety.. so more cravings. My husband was gone for 10 days, my Mother in law is ill.. etc. I had cut down to one a day, and had been doing fine... Talk with your Dr or Pharmacist, if you are doing great on one a day and it works for you. I will be going back to one a day soon. Medications do work differently for different people, how we absorb them, etc. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JUJU, it is different for every user. If you're having concerns, it's best to talk to you doctor or pharmacist, they will be able to make suggestions best for you. Keep persevering! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
Morning BJ and all...actually was under the impression that chantix didn't stop cravings only the pleasure of smoking sooo now i'm really worried.I am having a lot of depression with them and have cut back to just one a day for the past 7 days. Cravings don't seem to have changed much still range just passing thoughts to full blown rampages :) I guess it is different for each of us so i would suggest just do what feels right... keep the quit!! Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I came off them on week 10 and saved a week of pills just in case. Think I needed one just once. I think you are doing just fine BJ, I can tell you will make it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,106.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi Thanks everyone.. I have a pill splitter.. you can get them at any pharmacy.. they are very inexpensive. My husband had pills that we had to split.. and the only way to split them was with this little gizmo. it fits all sizes of tablets. I called the pharmacist. and she said she heard of people halfing them .. no problems and she didn't see why not. Yes i did the empty stomach and coffee... UGHHH. yes the nausea was the worst yesterday.. so I won't do that for awhile again. This am I had a bowl of cereal and milk.. before ...taking it. I am planning on staying on it 10 to 12 weeks and Dr said if I needed more than that No problem. I know this site has been a tremendous part of my Quit and using the tools. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They are hard to split but if you can do it without loosing the other half somewhere in the kitchen :) then you can take 1/2 a pill in the AM and half in the afternoon. I stopped the second one but the reminder call I subscribed to said to not forget to take it... eh whatever. My Doc said the success rate was higher for those who stayed on it at least 12 weeks. I stopped after 10. Not nauseous? Try taking one on an empty stomach and washing it down with a cup of coffee LOL. I found the nauseous level was non-existent for me but after a few weeks it got progressively worse. I probably could have quit cold turkey like I did in the past. It was staying quit which I had a hard time with. This time however I did not take any shortcuts. I planned my quit and worked the plan. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,106.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bj, The best authorities to advise you on this matter, please consult your doctor or pharmacist. For best results, you should follow the full course of treatment but again, your treatment may be different due to the side effects you are experiencing. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: