Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I can't believe it!

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are over 2 weeks into your quit. That's a big deal, especially in the beginning. My advice would be to keep yourself busy, walk a lot. Sleep when you need it, THAT'S important. Never doubt yourself. Believe that you can do this. That's half the battle. Don [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 722 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 124 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What an inspiring post! Congratulatoins! I can't wait to feel like that too :) Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah kool .... Keep goin ur rockin .....[color=Red]Text[/color] :)
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Re Read that post... re read how great you felt! check out your meter cause you are RAWKIN!!!!!!!! Gratzola! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 71 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is really starting to turn around for me. It has only been about 17 days but I am feeling so much better. I really hadn't noticed my quit meter the last couple of days but I really paid attention to it today and oooh my goodness I couldn't believe how many cigarettes I would have smoked. That is disgusting. I still have the occational crave and those stupid lingering thoughts every now and then but I just count to ten, love on Maddie or Lily (my puppies), grab one of the daycare kids and love all over them, play bingo with my daughter, just anything and POOF! gone. I was very self doughtful and even had some self pity that I couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't make it through my quit. Then my husband and all of you pointed out to me that was the nicotine talking not my senses. Just had to get the good feeling out that it is starting to finally turn around the corner for me and feeling great. Thanks everyone But if anyone out there has a supportive thought please share because I know I am not out of the clear yet and I always re-read your posts if I am having a bad day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Yeah hit smacked me across the face a little earlier. That sick feeling in my stomach, voices in my head, panic attacks, heart palpitations, and cranky moods. Did a couple laps up and down the stairs (couldn't go on my walk with the kids and baby here), and did my breathing. Got a little to cocky and he came around again....but I took care of him and all is good. For now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
That is exactly what I did. Got up....did some breathing, got a cappuccino, and plopped down in my computer chair and started posting and reading. This is starting to become a ritual. Better than turning to my night stand and grabbing for that demon. You guys are wonderful! Thank you so much..... Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Thank you so much guys. Just what I thought would happen did. Woke up this morning and felt sort of blah and I felt like I didn't have the strenght to or the umph to get the fight going so before any of the kids showed up this morning I jumped on here first thing and read your posts and here we go again........kicking some major ash butt. Just what I needed. Thank you all so very much for the support, I really needed it this morning. Step by step and forever N.O.P.E. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Thanks guys.....out the door for another mile. Walk, walk, walk. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Thanks again guys for the support. Haven't been on in a couple days but been doing alright. Smoke free and hanging in there. Tonight at midnight it will be 3 full whole weeks! Still getting these tight chest feelings and heart palpitations and panic attacks every once in a while but they are very short lived (thank God). Big breaths, long walks, and lots of cleaning. I think a big thing that will help is we are moving in a couple weeks so all the rooms and things in the house that were triggers or pairing will change and we get a fresh, clean, smoke free house. New year with a clean start. Can't wait...... Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: