Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

5 years for me, I?m happy.

13 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. It's so good not to be a smoker.

About my book: It is published but it is written in Dutch....

About the Hall of Fame: I am allready in the Hall of Fame. Somewhere in 2007 I guess but not sure which month.

And about the 1st of april.....I thought I could never quit smoking and that is why I choose that date, if it went wrong I could always say: It was just an apriljoke.....But it went better than expexted.....I didn't even find it very hard because I think quitting has not only to do with addiction but much more with changing your lifestyle and your habbits.....Because it is more psysical than fysical.....(I hope I made myself clear because English is not my first language.)

I wish you all a nice, fun weekend.

Love, Fini
13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ,
"I need to do what I think I can't do" (the old DJ quote) 
Just as a suggestion DJ please change your avatar to something more in alignment to your goal:
"I know I can do what I need and want to do" or..
"In my past I may not have been able to do it, but I know in my heart I CAN DO IT NOW"

Dutch,
Congrats on the 5 years and for writing a book to help other quitters.  You have really taken it the next level... 
13 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dutch
 I sure could use your help. Is your book on the market. I need to read all I can.DJ
13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dutch!  WOW!  Your stats are Impressive! 5 Years is great! What a fun day it is to pick April 1st for your Quit day.  And you didn't think you could do it? And you wrote a book too; did you publish it?  It turns out that it's Nicodemon who is clearly the only April Fool here at SCC today! I'm inspired! Eya
13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work!

How about submitting your story to the Hall of Fame page?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Big congratulations, Dutch! What a nice number - 5 years!
13 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congratulations Dutch!!

Best Wishes

Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 2

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all of you quitters,

Today I am 5 years smokefree. When I was a smoker I always told everyone that I would never ever quit smoking because I smoked a lot and thought it would be too hard for me to quit. I didn't even try.

Then, my son in law got heartproblems and he wasn't even a smoker. My daughter however, smoked as much as Idid and the doctors told her to quit because it was not good for her husband to live in second hand smoke. She tried and tried but she couldn't stop. Every time when she saw me smoking she started too and so I though it would be better to help her and quit together. That's what we did.

The first few days I realized that I had spent a lot of time smoking and I didn't know what to do with all that time. I searched the internet and read everything there was about quitting and smoking. It was all so interesting that I started to write a book about quitting smoking and after 9 months my book was finished. The title is: Help!! There is a cigarette between my ears.......

I was very proud and then I started to help people who wanted to stop smoking but could not do that on their own.

So you see how quitting can change a persons life.

I am still happy that I took the step and I will never smoke again. Not even in a bad situation because there is never a reason to start smoking again.

I wish you all a happy day and tonight I will celebrate my 5 year anniversary with my daughter and son in law.

Grtz, Dutch Fini

Reading this thread: