Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

August 25th - Tuesday's Terrific Quitters!

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breanne,   thanks for the support.  I viewed your mini film clip,  its quite something.   I never had any idea of how much tar was going into my lungs on a daily basis.   Now days I do a lot of therapy dog work at nursing homes and in 2 hospitals here.  I've seen patients with lung and breathing problems in general.  Its hard for me to believe I used to be doing that to myself 24/7.   Lady is my own personal dog and she loves people, so we combine that with me just wanting to sort of "give back", and so we do our therapy work.  We go out on Mon., Wed., and Fri. to visit people.   They all love her, specially the nursing home patients.   A lot of them are there permanently and have gotten to know and love her for the past year.   If I have to be absent for any reason,  when I go back the week after, I hear from the other dog handlers "where's Lady"?    LOL   Not where's Mary,  (me),  its always where's Lady.   So funny,.

I'm working on my daughter now to get her to stop smoking and also my sister.   She's already had one bout of cancer,  breast cancer 5 yrs ago.  So far they're still both smoking and I'm still saying prayers for them.   Can use all we can get.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/20/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1314
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45,990
Amount Saved: $11,497.50
Life Gained:
Days: 174 Hrs: 11 Mins: 15 Seconds: 1

14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! How amazing...1313 smoke free days...now that is something to be proud of!
Thanks for sharing the information and your experience with the laser, that's so great that it worked for you
Please stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is 2 lucky 13's for me.   Total no. of days is 1313.   For me thats totally amazing.   I've been one of the worst ones with an addiction ya'll wouldn't believe. 2 pks a day for about 35-40 yrs.   I even woke up out of a sound sleep and snuck out to the garage to have one.    I still have cravings once in a while.   Just last week I had a couple and tried to keep busy with whatever I'm working on at the time.   I'm one who can't be idle for any length of time.   Well at home here,  I guess would be a better way to say it.   I'm constantly up doing something,   usually cooking and/or cleaning my house and still never getting caught up.    For me, what did it was the desire, of course,  but along with the desire I had cold laser sessions where they "zap" you with a cold laser beam,  on all your pressure points,  sort of like accupuncture.  Only the laser beams are cold beams or not active. They apply the laser beam to the pressure points while you're sitting in a lounge chair with sunglasses on to protect your eyes and just relaxing while the treatment is done.   There's absolutely NO pain,  you don't feel much of anything.  This treatment makes your endorphins kick in sort of like you've had a cigarrete and don't have the urge for another one.   These treatments are the only thing that helped me after all those years.   Check it out if you think its for you.    Best of luck to all who are working to get free from this terrible addiction.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/20/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 1313
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45,955
Amount Saved: $11,488.75
Life Gained:
Days: 174 Hrs: 8 Mins: 43 Seconds: 42

Reading this thread: